BHP Billiton Mitsubishi Alliance (BMA) is Australia's largest coal producer, with seven mine sites and a coal loading port in Central Queensland. As the world's largest seaborne coking coal supplier, BMA is uniquely poised to offer experience and career development opportunities difficult to find elsewhere.
Our Health, Safety, Environment and Communities (HSEC) Function provides support across the entire organisation, and this department is an important focus throughout the business. We are currently seeking an OHS Advisor to join our site team on. Responsible for ensuring safe work practices are implemented through a proactive approach, the successful candidate will be a highly organised individual who has the ability to work in an autonomous position, while still working effectively in a positive team environment.
The successful candidate must have the following:
• Tertiary qualifications in the field of Occupational Health and Safety, or equivalent relevant industry experience
• Minimum of 3 years occupational health and safety experience within either a mining or heavy industry environment
• Experience in Microsoft Office and Safety Management Data systems
• Well developed understanding of, and the ability to apply the intent of, the Coal Mining Safety and Health Act 1999 and the corresponding Regulations
• Previous experience in safety management and reporting systems
• Substantial skill in performing incident investigations, identification and implementation of corrective and preventative controls
• Genuine interest in preventative workplace health management including a high level of skill in the development and implementation of health promotion programs
Reporting to the HSE Manager, the successful applicant will have a strong background in operational Health & Safety. Ideally, you would have Hygiene experience and a background in mining operations. Your outstanding interpersonal and communication skills will enable you to influence and inspire others to carry out work in a safe manner.
BMA has an overriding commitment to health, safety, environmental responsibility and sustainable development; therefore, you must demonstrate a firm commitment to our Zero Harm philosophy. Additionally, a demonstrable commitment to Health, Safety, Environment and Community is essential.
A generous remuneration package will be offered to the candidate who displays both a high level of experience and skills, matched with the necessary qualifications. Based in Central Queensland, the successful candidate will be offered subsidised accommodation, a performance bonus, employee share scheme, superannuation benefits, and a relocation package.