BHP Billiton is all about smart technology, innovation and great talent. If you want a challenging career and a chance to explore resource opportunities as well as your ambitions, we're the company for you. Think ahead. Think BHP Billiton.
The Scarborough Facilities Engineering Advisor is accountable for stewarding BHPB's interests in the Scarborough non-operated project, in Western Australia, together with work on other project assignments, both Operated and Non Operated as required by BHPB.
In the non-Operator role, BHPB adds value to the project through project monitoring, due diligence reviews and reporting (governance) and by working with the Operator to execute the projects in a manner which maximizes asset value (influence). In addition, as a non-Operator BHPB extracts value by capturing lessons learned (learning) which may then be applied on other BHPB-Operated projects.
The Facilities Engineering Advisor will work closely with BHPB's Development staff to perform monitoring and due diligence technical reviews of Operator's proposed Facility designs for compliance with BHPB HSE standards, capital efficiency, reliability and operability, together with support to internal project reporting and capital expenditure governance procedures.
- Day-to-day management of BHPB's non-operated interest in the Browse project currently in Identification, subsequently moving through Selection, Definition, Execution, and Production.
- Delivery of non-operated capital projects within BHPB-approved Key Performance Indicators (KPI's).
- Management of all tollgating requirements related to non-operated Development/Production projects.
- Stewardship of all facility related AFE's (Expense and Capital).
- Development and management of project (Corporate) and annual (Petroleum) budgets.
- Ongoing reporting to Petroleum Management on all project-related matters.
- Monthly BHP Billiton corporate reporting (ITS).
- Comply with BHPB's governance requirements (e.g., SSDP, EWRM, CPR, IMP, tollgates, financial reporting).
- Import best practice and key learning's from the Operator.
- Ensure timely receipt of key operating data (and IPT work products) from Operator to evaluate asset performance.
BEHAVIOURAL & LEADERSHIP COMPETENCIES
Feedback and Recognition
Additional Position Specific qualities that impact overall effectiveness:
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- This role requires extensive coordination/communication with a wide range of both BHPB and non-BHPB personnel. Successful performance in the role will require the ability to quickly form and maintain effective relationships with the Operating Partner's project teams and with the Browse JVP's. Specific roles and responsibilities include: Lead the engineering group for the Scarborough/Thebe Project Team in the overall development and implementation of the Onshore & Offshore Facilities' of the Scarborough and Thebe fields. The Scarborough development is an operated by other (OBO) project. BHPB engineering efforts for Scarborough will primarily be directed through the operator. Thebe is a BHPB development. BHPB engineering efforts for Thebe will be directed by BHPB.
- Lead and support the BHPB development gate process to ensure completeness, quality, and timing of the development consistent with BHPB's overall corporate objectives for the Scarborough and Thebe Fields.
- Oversight of the Scarborough work performed by the Operator for Scarborough to ensure designs and plans for the Scarborough facilities and pipelines are aligned with BHPB interests.
- Lead the Thebe work to ensure the designs and plans of the Thebe facilities meet BHPB development objectives.
- Ensure information and knowledge transfer plans are in place to capture facilities engineering information necessary for effective operation of facilities through their operating life.
- Provide technical support to the Scarborough/Thebe project team to ensure the delivery of exceptional reliability and cost effective maintenance performance.
- Work with other members of Scarborough/Thebe PMT do provide for a fully integrated development package
- Work with other members of the Petroleum Group and Corporate to ensure their requirements are fully integrated into the design and plans for the Scarborough and Thebe field developments
- Incorporation of HSE objectives into design and environmental goals
- Supervise contractors and Contract engineers as needed to accomplish the overall project development goals and objectives.
- Attend project meetings with Operator project teams, as required (Houston, and occasionally Perth)
- Ensure appropriate technical work is pursued to validate functional requirements, comprising HSE performance, delivery of BoD requirements, cost efficiency and operability.
AUTHORITY & WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
Scarborough/Thebe OBO Project Manager
OBO Project Director
Scarborough/Thebe Project Team Members
Development HSE Manager
Scarborough/Thebe Subsurface Manager
Functional Chiefs – Surface, O&M, Production, Reservoir
- JV Operator (Esso) and partners
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
Degree in Chemical, Chemical Refining, Mechanical Engineering or Civil, Structural Engineering. Other technical degree qualifications may be considered.
20+ years experience in the oil and gas industry. To include expertise in:
Leading and managing an engineering organization from concept through startup and operations
- Systems-level understanding of offshore development systems.
Proven capabilities in the design of Oil, Gas, LNG and offshore production systems
Excellent working knowledge of oil and gas engineering codes, standards and practices
10+ years of major project experience ( > USD 1 billion) in remote onshore and offshore environments
5 + years of relevant LNG experience
Project Engineering Planning, Budgeting, and reporting
Relevant international (Australian), national and local government rules and regulations
International Project development from concept through startup and operations
Development and implementation of HSEC management systems associated with the engineering discipline
Mobility a plus
And experience in:
HSEC Management Systems
THINK OF THE OPPORTUNITIES WITHIN BHP BILLITON. THINK LOCAL. THINK GLOBAL.
With 38,000 employees working in more than 100 operations in approximately 25 countries, we represent the world's largest diversified resources company. We take our commitment to the communities in which we operate and do business in very seriously, and we are committed to operating safely and sustainably.
M/F/D/V EEO/AA Employer