Project Control Manager
COMPANY: BHP Chile
BUSINESS: Project Development; Spence Hypogene Project
REPORTS TO: Study Manager Spence Hypogene Project
LOCATION: Santiago and Spence Mine Site, Calama, Chile
To direct, oversee and implement the cost and schedule, administrative, monitoring and reporting activities for the Spence Hypogene Project, in line with BHP Billiton policies and procedures.
- An overriding commitment to health, safety, environmental responsibility and sustainable development.
- Supervise and lead the implementation of an accurate, reliable and complete project control system for the budgeting, scheduling, tracking, changes control and forecasting of the entire project: selection, definition, execution phases.
- Monitor budget and progress of the project activities and coordinate with others to manage any deviation.
- Work closely with the Project Manager and the project management team to ensure that all requirements are incorporated into the cost and schedule targets.
- Take a lead role in change management for scope, cost and time variances to budget and trends from previous forecast.
- Ensure compliance with weekly, monthly and other reporting requirements.
- Work closely with Project Manager and legal advisors to make certain contractual relationships are under BHP Billiton governances.
- Support Project Manager on auditing contractor’s procedures, participating in the process of awarding high cost, long lead or strategic items. Implement and maintain a follow up monitoring system for key items under purchasing.
- Provide focus on integration of project control for the entire projects teams, including owners, EPC or EPCM.
- Implement and administrate a document control system that satisfies project development area requirements.
- Support strong employee development programs, establish high standards of performance, and institute hiring standards to ensure the attainment of long term objectives and continuity of operation through succession planning, in line with corporate guidelines and company policies and procedures.
REQUIREMENTS AND COMPETENCIES
- Tertiary degree in an Engineering discipline: Civil, Industrial, Electrical or Mechanical.
- At least 10 years experience in large mining or industrial projects with leadership in the project control role, especially for remote projects.
- Financial / Entrepreneurial background.
- Computer software programs (MS Office Advanced, MS Project, Primavera P6).
- Fluency in English and Spanish.