Simulator Trainer A&I
||Full Time - Fixed Term
||Australia - South Australia
||Mining/Mina, Operations/Operaciones, Support Services/Servicios de Apoyo
|| | Cen. Australia Daylight Time
|| | Cen. Australia Daylight Time
At BHP Billiton we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential.
With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.
Join Olympic Dam a safe, reliable, globally competitive business delivered by our people. At Olympic Dam we care that everyone goes home safe to do the things they love. We believe Leadership drive culture and culture drives performance. All incidents are preventable and everyone has a role to play.
One of Australia’s largest mines and a complex minerals processing operation, Olympic Dam, is unique in that we produce Copper, Uranium, Gold and Silver. The local township of Roxby Downs is an active and progressive community offering a variety of modern, well equipped housing, educational, health, sporting, leisure, shopping and cultural facilities.
Please note this position is being offered as a 12 month, fixed term contract, based at Olympic Dam, operating on a 7/7 roster pattern roster arrangement.
About the role
In the role of Simulator Trainer you will ensure all personnel in the Production department are appropriately trained and authorised to operate equipment through the facilitation of simulator based training. You will also provide support to the work team through adhering to operating requirements and striving for the achievement of individual, team and site objectives.
In this role you will:
- Comply to and consistently follow the standards and procedures designed to enable you to work safely and effectively every day
- Deliver quality simulator based training to operators in order to achieve required standards and performance
- Liase with Supervisors, Superintendents and Coordinators regarding ongoing simulator needs within functional area in order to develop strategies for training delivery
- Exercise intiative in making recommendations for improvements and planning for future simulator training and development requirements
- Maintain up to date standards and procedures within functional area
- Ensure training and development work systems and databases are up to date and relevant management reporting is available
- Design and deliver training plans and programs according to Production and Olympic Dam strategic plans and priorities, incorporating relevant safety standards into all training programs and procedures
- Provide feedback to supervisors on task training performance and capability of operators
- Understanding and apply relevant legislation, ensuring that training designed and delivered is compliant to standards
- Participate in any other projects or key tasks as directed by line manager or delegate
- Proven commitment to look after your own wellbeing and the confidence to speak up when others put themselves in harm’s way
- Workplace Training and Assessment qualifications essential
- Certificate IV Workplace Training and Assessment preferred
- Extensive experience in mining operations
- Ideally possess experience in designing and delivering front line training within a mining environment
- Ability to self-manage
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proactive engagement skills with a willingness to build constructive relationships across a range of stakeholders and departments
Supporting a diverse workforce
At BHP Billiton, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people.
We know there are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options; a generous paid parental leave policy; other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.
How to apply
Please apply online before 5pm Sunday 31 December 2017.
Reference Number – 40377234
Please note, screening and interviews may take place prior to the advertised close date.
We support flexible work at BHP Billiton. Talk to us about the flexible working options in this team.
Refer to a friend