Senior Specialist A&I Training
||Full Time - Fixed Term
||Australia - South Australia
||Mining/Mina, Operations/Operaciones, Support Services/Servicios de Apoyo
|| | Cen. Australia Daylight Time
|| | Cen. Australia Daylight Time
At BHP Billiton we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential.
With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.
Join Olympic Dam a safe, reliable, globally competitive business delivered by our people. At Olympic Dam we care that everyone goes home safe to do the things they love. We believe Leadership drive culture and culture drives performance. All incidents are preventable and everyone has a role to play.
One of Australia’s largest mines and a complex minerals processing operation, Olympic Dam, is unique in that we produce Copper, Uranium, Gold and Silver. The local township of Roxby Downs is an active and progressive community offering a variety of modern, well equipped housing, educational, health, sporting, leisure, shopping and cultural facilities.
Please note this position is based at Olympic Dam being offered as a 12 month, fixed term contract, operating on an 8/6 roster, with residential or FIFO options available.
About the role
Reporting to the Superintendent Production Analysis & Improvement (A&I), you will govern the design and execution of the training framework for the mine development team. Your role will include coaching and capability building of other training team members with an agenda for improvement and simplification of current training processes.
In this role you will:
- Comply to and consistently follow the standards and procedures designed to enable you to work safely and effectively every day
- Update and improve curriculum, standards and procedures and ensure controls, including critical controls are in place to effectively manage training
- Contribute expertise to develop, deliver, record and oversee the assessment of training as outlined in the HR Training Governance Framework
- Understand the impacts of training legislation and apply this in your work
- Maintain accurate records and analyse key metrics and reports
- Identify local training needs, develop the underground training curriculum and allocate resources for the function
- Investigate reported events that meet the Business/Asset-defined risk threshold
- Develop the Production training curriculum and allocates training resources for the Production function
- Provide specialist advice, execute analysis and benchmarking of the training function's end-to-end performance, in addition to identifying and implementing improvement initiatives that enable functional excellence
- Build relationships with a range of key stakeholders
- Be a proactive team member and show initiative in all areas of your work
- Proven commitment to look after your own wellbeing and the confidence to speak up when others put themselves in harm’s way
- Certificate IV in Workplace Training & Assessment required, with relevant additional tertiary qualifications preferred
- Significant experience in a similar role within mining or heavy industry
- Willingness to lead and implement change, as well as influence and mentor others in training and safety principles and behaviours
- Ability to build highly effective working relationships across a range of stakeholders and working groups
- Show initiative and work with minimal direction, being resourceful and proactive in your approach
- Able to display effective communication skills whilst following relevant safety and work procedures
Supporting a diverse workforce
At BHP Billiton, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people.
We know there are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options; a generous paid parental leave policy; other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.
How to apply
Please apply online before 5pm Sunday 31 December 2017.
Reference Number – 40377232
Please note, screening and interviews may take place prior to the advertised close date.
We support flexible work at BHP Billiton. Talk to us about the flexible working options in this team.
Refer to a friend