||Full Time - Permanent
||Australia - Western Australia
||Finance/Accounting - Finanzas/Contabilidad, Mining/Mina
|| | W. Australia Standard Time
|| | W. Australia Standard Time
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential.
With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Nickel West Perth – Financial Analyst
- Competitive salary on offer plus 12% superannuation and a range of company benefits
- This is a great opportunity for a proactive, dynamic and highly astute professional to join our Finance Team
- Nickel West value and respect employees, offering an inclusive and diverse environment
About the Role
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a proactive and dynamic accounting professional to join the Nickel West Finance Function. Based out our Perth Office this role will be responsible for various tasks within the Nickel West management reporting team and will report directly into the Superintendent Management Reporting for Nickel West.
The primary purpose of this role will be to support the management reporting team with the consolidated financial information required to be reported on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis. The role will focus more specifically on the earnings of the business and providing support with the budgeting and forecast process of the business.
This role will:
- Assist with the preparation of financials for 5 Year Plan, 2 Year Budget and Quarterly Forecasts.
- Preparation of Management Reporting deliverables, including: half year & year end reporting requirements and month end analysis reporting submissions to Group and internal stakeholders.
- Assist with providing key insights into cash flow forecasts and EBITDA.
- Build partnerships and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders
To be a success in the role you will:
- Have experience in a Big 4 or Mid tier based firm.
- Require at least 3 years experience, in a financial or management reporting role.
- Technical strengths will be complemented by an adaptable and team-spirited approach. A self starter that strives to provide high standards of output and service to internal stakeholders.
- Have an understanding of cashflow and EBITDA analysis.
- Finance/Commerce Degree qualified (CA / CPA preferred)
- Experience with SAP is an advantage.
Personal qualities that you bring will include innovative thinking, excellent problem solving and analytical skills. Combined with strong communication and influencing skills. You will have energy and enthusiasm, thrive under a dynamic and energetic work environment and have the capacity to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
As part of the recruitment process for this position you may be required to undergo a pre-employment medical and participate in a background screen including a criminal history check, identity check and qualifications check.
Company Description - Nickel West
A member of the BHP Group, Nickel West produces nickel in-concentrate and has its operations located throughout Western Australia - comprising mines, concentrators, a smelter and a refinery.
Nickel West – Perth operates from City Square located in the heart of the Perth CBD. The building itself reflects the latest thinking in corporate workplace design and facilities with the centerpiece of the development being a 45 storey tower which is home to the other BHP group of companies in Western Australia.
Supporting a Diverse Workforce
At BHP, we recognize that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people.
Short listing for this position will commence on 20th of December 2017, however we do reserve the right to close this position earlier than stated. To enable us to process your application as quickly as possible simply click on the ‘apply’ button below.
Please note: It is a requirement that all internal applicants advise their immediate line manager of their application.
Refer to a friend