Kalgoorlie - Supervisor Scaffolding
||Full Time - Permanent
||Australia - Western Australia
|| | W. Australia Standard Time
|| | W. Australia Standard Time
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential.
With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Kalgoorlie – Supervisor Scaffolding
- Challenging and rewarding career opportunity;
- Competitive salary on offer plus 12% superannuation and a range of company benefits;
- Family friendly residential roster 5 days on/ 2days off.
About the Role
Reporting to the Superintendent – Maintenance Asset Integrity and Outages, you will be responsible for overseeing the delivery of scaffolding activities across site including, but not limited to:
- In strict accordance with BHP NiW NKK HSEC policies and procedures, manage a team of scaffolders, to deliver safe erection, inspection and dismantling of scaffold across the Kalgoorlie Nickel Smelter;
- Working with area production and maintenance teams to proactively prioritise scaffolding activities across site to enable safe and reliable plant operation;
- Leading and developing 'multi-skilled' scaffold team to provide efficiency, productivity and cost improvements; and
- Optimisation/minimisation of the use of scaffold materials on site through sound scaffold management practices, including the ability to explore and recommend alternate access methods that improve safety, productivity and cost.
- A genuine personal commitment to zero harm and BHP NiW safety culture;
- Extensive working experience in the field of scaffolding, and exposure to rigging;
- Thorough working knowledge of scaffolding codes and legislation;
- Comprehensible supervisory experience in leading large teams and team based risk assessments;
- Demonstrable working experience with scaffold inspection, and planned maintenance inspection programs; and
- Experience with computer based maintenance systems, budgeting and cost management systems.
As part of the recruitment process for this position you may be required to undergo a pre-employment medical and participate in a background screen including a criminal history check, identity check and qualifications check.
Company Description - Nickel West
A member of the BHP Group, Nickel West produces nickel in-concentrate and has its operations located throughout Western Australia - comprising mines, concentrators, a smelter and a refinery.
Supporting a Diverse Workforce
BHP value and respect employees, offering an inclusive and diverse environment where you’ll experience:
On offer is a range of employee benefits including development and career opportunities together with competitive remuneration package, including share options, generous superannuation contributions, 18 weeks of paid parental leave, performance based bonuses and a great working environment.
Nickel West Kalgoorlie
Kalgoorlie is the largest inland city in Western Australia and due to its central location is positioned at the heart of the Goldfields as a vibrant mining town and a major gateway to the Eastern States. Although fairly isolated, the City of Kalgoorlie/Boulder offers modern shopping facilities, a huge variety of sports, and schooling for all ages up to high school. There are contemporary housing options for all budgets, sporting clubs and leisure complexes of all descriptions.
The Kalgoorlie Nickel Smelter receives nickel concentrate from our mining operations in Leinster and Mt Keith as well as from our Third Party Feed concentrator in Kambalda. Nickel West Kalgoorlie incorporates a flash furnace smelter, converters and an acid plant which has the capacity to produce up to 110,000 tonnes per annum of nickel matte.
All Kalgoorlie roles are residential, FIFO is not an option. Nickel West Kalgoorlie is a non-smoking operation.
Short listing for this position will commence on 27th December 2017, however we do reserve the right to close this position earlier than stated. To enable us to process your application as quickly as possible simply click on the ‘apply’ button below.
Please note: It is a requirement that all internal applicants advise their immediate line manager of their application.
- Local hire conditions apply
- A copy of all current qualifications must be provided at the time of interview
- BHP Nickel West actively supports a diverse workforce and encourages Aboriginal and Torre Strait Islander Peoples and Female applicants to apply
Refer to a friend