Electrical Site Supervisor - Infrastructure Maintenance | Fixed Plant | FIFO
||Full Time - Permanent
||Australia - Western Australia
|| | W. Australia Standard Time
|| | W. Australia Standard Time
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential.
With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.
About the role
An excellent opportunity exists for an experienced Supervisor Infrastructure Maintenance to join our site based Fixed Plant Maintenance team.
Reporting to the Superintendent Infrastructure & Services your duties will include:
- Overseeing, directing and coordinating our infrastructure maintenance teams (Electrical, Plumbing, Carpenter, Mechanical etc.) at the ‘Area C’ mine site to ensure all tasks are performed in a safe and efficient manner
- Managing all required work assistance with breakdowns across our fixed plant assets and respond according to priority
- Ensuring timely evaluation and scoping of work requests prior to approval for the work management planning process
- Participating in the weekly pre-planning, planning and scheduling meetings and required shutdown meetings to ensure alignment and commitment of resources to the work schedule
- Ensuring safe execution of maintenance work as per the signed off schedule
- Managing the planning and execution of unplanned work and the re-scheduling of the existing work orders as required
- Maintaining a knowledge and understanding of the costs of maintenance
- Ensuring data integrity by using the various established systems and reporting accurate data
This is an excellent opportunity for a highly motivated Electrician with Supervisory experience who has the aspiration to work in an industry-leading environment and in a role that is highlighted by a wide scope of responsibility.
To be successful in this role you will require strong communication skills and ability to lead multiple-disciplinary teams:
- Electrical WA A grade licence or Electrical Engineering degree or equivalent
- Minimum of two years’ experience in a large scale minerals processing environment in an Electrical Supervisory capacity.
- Extensive knowledge of current statutory and electrical standards & procedures, WAHVA rules and regulations
- Display a satisfactory level of technical skills/knowledge in job related areas and keep abreast of current developments and trends in the area of expertise.
- Detailed knowledge of operating and maintaining mining equipment
- Demonstrated strong practical experience in leading, coaching and mentoring people to deliver on plan and building competent and engaged teams
- Strong stakeholder/customer engagement skills and the ability to build relationships across workgroups
- Minimum C class manual driver’s license is essential
Desirable skills and experience:
- Frontline Management or similar training highly regarded
- High Voltage switching
You will be based at our ‘Area C’ mine site on a fly-in fly-out 14 days, 7 days off. Our Area C mine is located approximately 100kms North West of Newman, West Australia. The outstanding facilities at the FIFO village include; a fully equipped gym, swimming pool, netted cricket pitch, tennis and basketball court, beach volleyball court and recreation room including a pool table, darts, table tennis, TV and DVD player. All rooms at the village have their own ensuite bathroom, television, refrigerator and air-conditioning.
Remuneration and Benefits
Join us and be rewarded with interesting, challenging work in a supportive team culture. Develop skills for life whilst enjoying access to benefits including incentive bonus, award winning share scheme, education assistance and a generous parental leave policy, which now includes Superannuation contributions during parental leave.
Supporting a diverse workforce
At BHP we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people.
We know there are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options; parent rooms, and a generous paid parental leave policy, which now includes superannuation contributions during parental leave.
Reference Number – 40099715
- We reserve the right to commence recruitment proceedings immediately.
- This opportunity is currently only open to candidates with the right to work in Australia.
- BHP Iron Ore is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages indigenous Australian and female candidates to apply.
Refer to a friend