Operational Readiness Fixed Plant/Processing Manager | Iron Ore | Mining Area C
||Full Time - Permanent
||Australia - Western Australia
|| | W. Australia Standard Time
|| | W. Australia Standard Time
BHP Iron Ore is one of the world’s leading suppliers of iron ore. The Company’s operations comprise of an integrated system of seven inland mines, over 1,000 kilometres of rail and two separate port facilities; Nelson Point and Finucane Island at Port Hedland.
About the role
South Flank is a brownfield site, located approximately 8 km to the south of BHP's existing Mining Area C operation. This role will form part of the management team that will work towards establishing a site with processing capacity up to 80 million tonnes per annum. This project has potential to become one of the largest standalone iron ore processing centres in the world, within reach of several billion tonnes of high-grade ore. This is a rare opportunity for a dynamic individual that would like to be part of an innovative team, playing a pivotal role in creating a world class mine.
An exceptional opportunity for a high performing professional with Fixed Plant experience to be a key decision maker and have strong influence across the operation. You will act as the company site representative for the assigned mining contracts as well as and being accountable for the mine production planning/budgeting/quality grades from a daily operational perspective and for the long-term strategic prospective of Mining Area C.
Reporting to the General Manager, your key accountabilities will include:
- Review and contribute to the short-term and long-term strategic mine plan.
- Set the monthly production targets, distribute and communicate the production plan and undertake an annual review of the assigned operations.
- Demonstrate leadership and set the direction for employees, including reviewing goals and establishing long-term development plans.
- Manage the capital budget and operating cost by the compilation of budgets and forecasts.
- Comply and ensure BHP Iron Ore employee participation in the mining contractors HSEC plans as well as maintaining a highly visible presence within the community in which the contract mine operates.
- Coordinate the quality assurance requirements, and participate in and assist with the Quality Audits.
- Demonstrate an overriding commitment to health, safety, environment responsibility and sustainable development.
- Monitor and evaluate the Mining Contractor against the established key performance indicators.
- Ensure that all behaviours associated with assigned contracts are in line with the requirements of the BHP guide to business conduct.
To be successful in this role, you will have a Tertiary qualification in a related mining discipline and have extensive professional experience in large-scale fixed plant mining operations. You will be able to demonstrate an understanding of asset management, maintenance processes, reliability, quality control, cost control and budgeting.
You will be a proven leader with strong judgement and maturity in managing diverse teams and be able to demonstrate your commitment to safety, continuous improvement and inclusion and diversity. Your outstanding communication, influencing and negotiation skills will facilitate the shaping of an inclusive work culture and see you thrive in a large complex organisation.
You will be based at our ‘Mining Area C’ mine site on a fly-in fly-out 5/2 4/3 9/5 roster. Our Mining Area C mine is located approximately 100kms North West of Newman, West Australia. The outstanding facilities at the FIFO village include; a fully equipped gym, swimming pool, netted cricket pitch, tennis and basketball court, beach volleyball court and recreation room including a pool table, darts, table tennis, TV and DVD player. All rooms at the village have their own ensuite bathroom, television, refrigerator and air-conditioning.
Supporting a diverse workforce
At BHP we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people.
We know there are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. As part of our commitment to inclusion and diversity, we offer a range of family friendly work practices, including flexible work arrangements, and a substantial parental leave policy, which now includes retirement savings / superannuation contributions during parental leave. Find out more about our benefits in each location on our People & Careers Page at our website.
Remuneration and Benefits
Join us and be rewarded with interesting, challenging work in a supportive team culture. Develop skills for life whilst enjoying access to benefits including: incentive bonus, award winning share scheme, education assistance and generous superannuation scheme.
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.
Reference Number – 40376516
- We reserve the right to commence recruitment proceedings immediately.
- This opportunity is currently only open to candidates with the right to work in Australia.
- BHP Iron Ore is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages indigenous Australian and female candidates to apply.
Refer to a friend