Operational Readiness Mobile Equipment Manager | Iron Ore | Mining Area C
||Full Time - Permanent
||Australia - Western Australia
|| | W. Australia Standard Time
|| | W. Australia Standard Time
BHP Iron Ore is one of the world’s leading suppliers of iron ore. The Company’s operations comprise of an integrated system of seven inland mines, over 1,000 kilometres of rail and two separate port facilities; Nelson Point and Finucane Island at Port Hedland.
About the role
South Flank is a brownfield site, located approximately 8 km to the south of BHP's existing Mining Area C operation. This role will form part of the management team that will work towards establishing a site with processing capacity up to 80 million tonnes per annum. This project has potential to become one of the largest standalone iron ore processing centres in the world, within reach of several billion tonnes of high-grade ore. This is a rare opportunity for a dynamic individual that would like to be part of an innovative team, playing a pivotal role in creating a world class mine.
An exceptional opportunity for a high performing professional with Mobile Equipment experience to be a key decision maker and have strong influence across the function. You will act as the company site representative for the assigned mining contracts as well as and being accountable for the mine production planning/budgeting/quality grades from a daily operational perspective and for the long-term strategic prospective of Mining Area C.
Reporting to the General Manager, your key accountabilities will include:
- Review and contribute to the short-term and long-term strategic mine plan.
- Ensure the planned performance and integrity of the Mobile Mining Equipment (Trucks, Loaders, Dozers, Graders, Water Carts and other ancillary mobile equipment).
- Demonstrate leadership and set the direction for employees, including reviewing goals and establishing long-term development plans.
- Manage the capital budget and operating cost by the compilation of budgets and forecasts.
- Comply and ensure BHP Iron Ore employee participation in the mining contractors HSEC plans as well as maintaining a highly visible presence within the community in which the contract mine operates.
- Demonstrate an overriding commitment to health, safety, environment responsibility and sustainable development.
- Coordinate the quality assurance requirements, and participate in and assist with the Quality Audits.
- Monitor and evaluate the Mining Contractor against the established key performance indicators.
To be successful in this role, you will have a Tertiary qualification in a related mining discipline and have extensive professional experience in mobile equipment operations. You will be able to demonstrate an understanding of asset management, maintenance processes, reliability, quality control, cost control and budgeting.
You will be a proven leader with strong judgement and maturity in managing diverse teams and be able to demonstrate your commitment to safety, continuous improvement and inclusion and diversity. Your outstanding communication, influencing and negotiation skills will facilitate the shaping of an inclusive work culture and see you thrive in a large complex organisation.
You will be based at our ‘Mining Area C’ mine site on a fly-in fly-out 5/2 4/3 9/5 roster. Our Mining Area C mine is located approximately 100kms North West of Newman, West Australia. The outstanding facilities at the FIFO village include; a fully equipped gym, swimming pool, netted cricket pitch, tennis and basketball court, beach volleyball court and recreation room including a pool table, darts, table tennis, TV and DVD player. All rooms at the village have their own ensuite bathroom, television, refrigerator and air-conditioning.
Remuneration and Benefits
Join us and be rewarded with interesting, challenging work in a supportive team culture. Develop skills for life whilst enjoying access to benefits including: incentive bonus, award winning share scheme, education assistance and a generous parental leave policy, which now includes Superannuation contributions during parental leave.
Reference Number – 40376518
- We reserve the right to commence recruitment proceedings immediately.
- This opportunity is currently only open to candidates with the right to work in Australia.
- BHP Iron Ore is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages indigenous Australian and female candidates to apply.
Refer to a friend