Specialist Commercial Operations
||Full Time - Permanent
||China - Shanghai
|| | China Standard Time
|| | China Standard Time
BHP Billiton's Marketing activities are undertaken through a centralized Marketing organization with a network of offices across the world supporting our major customer markets and the distribution of product from our operations
We are presently seeking a Specialist Commercial Operations to join the Iron Ore team, will report in to Manager Sales Liaison in Shanghai. The role serves as a key link between external and internal stakeholders to manage transportation and customer deliveries in line with agreed contractual arrangements and procedures, including liaising with customers (or vendors) to facilitate the execution of shipment planning, customer facing credit and overdue management, invoicing, or tertiary operational issues, and facilitation of final shipment assays.
- Demonstrates and instils an overriding commitment to health, safety, environmental responsibility and sustainable development.
- Demonstrates commitment to the BHP Billiton Charter and Code of Business Conduct.
- Plans and executes the order fulfilment processes for customers.
- Arranges transportation and customer deliveries in line with agreed arrangements and procedures, including liaising with customers (or vendors) to facilitate execution (note role will be required to develop an understanding of commodity and industry).
- Supports the execution of shipment planning (e.g. liaison on shipping schedule, laycans, and planned quality).
- Processes external facing customer credit arrangements (letter of Credit issuance, other guarantees in place, following-up on payments).
- Provides any logistic information required by customers, and confirms customer invoicing details based on contractual parameters.
- Processes customer requests related to contract execution (e.g. follow up on lay-time settlements, customer complaints status, etc.).
- Facilitates, where appropriate (iron ore, coal and metals), within the framework established in the contract or as instructed, settlement of assay exchange results with customers and determination of final assays.
- Execute Legal contracts consistent with trade blotted transactions or approved external deal recaps.
- Maintains Marketing aligned legal contract processes, templates, and standards, as established, to satisfy compliance and risk requirements.
- Provides assistance to team members where required and acts as back up to Commercial Analyst and step-up to Marketing Manager in their absence.
- Maintains and enhances BHP Billiton‘s reputation as a reliable and reputable supplier.
- Assists Line Manager with projects, as required, including simplification or improvement projects as required.
To be successful in this role you have demonstrated 3-5 experience working in the commodities logistics within an international or commercial environment. Good problem solving skills, basic knowledge of credit and risk management. Candidates must have an ability to work in a multicultural environment, have good interpersonal skills and be fluent in English, both verbal and written. Computer literate and SAP experience highly recommended.
Mandarin and English are both Mandatory requirement
This role is open to applicants who already have working rights in China
Please note that it is a requirement that internal applicants exercise courtesy and advise their immediate managers of their applications.
If you are interested in this challenging opportunity please apply online.
Refer to a friend