Supervisor Belt Execution | IO Asset | Yandi | 8/6 Roster
||Full Time - Permanent
||Australia - Western Australia
|| | W. Australia Standard Time
|| | W. Australia Standard Time
BHP Billiton Iron Ore is one of the world's leading suppliers of iron ore. The Company's operations currently involve an integrated system of seven inland mines, more than 1,000 kilometres of rail and two separate port facilities; Nelson Point and Finucane Island at Port Hedland.
Reporting to the Superintendent Conveyor Maintenance within the WAIO Maintenance Department, you will be responsible for the day to day safe execution of conveyor maintenance activities. This includes all work activities associated with the repair and servicing of on-site conveyor systems. Managing the completion of all work activities in a planned and safe manner in accordance with OHSE site systems, BHPBIO policies and procedures, and OEM requirements form a major part of the expectations of the role.
Other responsibilities include:
- Prepare and execute the belt plan for the smooth execution of maintenance in conjunction with the Conveyor Maintenance Coordinator, Site Maintenance Supervisor, Site Conveyor Specialists, Shutdown Coordinator, Resource Schedulers, Contractors, Planning department and other stakeholders
- As a Section 44 Appointed Person, you are required to ensure compliance with the requirements of the Mine Safety and Inspection Act and Mines Safety Inspection Regulations in accordance with your appointment
- Overseeing, directing, training and coordinating allocated personnel, including apprentices, OEMs and contractors, so as to ensure all tasks are performed in a safe and efficient manner
- Maintain a knowledge and understanding of the costs of maintenance. Assist the Superintendent with budget and cost control processes by managing the day-to-day costs within agreed levels and reporting on overruns and underruns
- In collaboration with the Conveyor Maintenance Superintendent and the MCoE Planning Department, actively review the plans generated to ensure plans are logical, realistic and achievable
- Scope, plan and actively manage preparation activities to enable controlled and efficient execution
- Ensure all work is completed as scheduled meeting customer requirements, quality and safety standards
- Ensure that monitoring tools such as KPI's and other standard measures are utilised to improve preparatory work and shutdown processes. Participate in shutdown performance reviews and develop action plans to achieve improvement
- Build team engagement and effectiveness through encouragement of open and effective communication within the team to achieve business results
Skills and Experience
As the successful candidate you will possess the following:
- Demonstrated commitment to Health, Safety and the Environment is essential
- Supervisory experience in a Fixed Plant Maintenance environment leading multi-disciplinary teams
- Understanding and conversant with the repair options and materials utilised in conveyor belt maintenance
- A strong knowledge of Conveyor Maintenance practices
- Proven ability to communicate plans clearly and concisely
- The ability to successfully lead and work within a team and work across boundaries with many resources
- Highly developed analytical and problem solving skills
- Working knowledge of project management principles
- Working knowledge with 1SAP
- A minimum of 5 years fixed plant maintenance experience preferably in the Belt Maintenance area
- Experience in shutdown/breakdown supervision of multiple workgroups
Supporting a Diverse Workforce BHP values and respects employees, offering an inclusive and diverse environment. [SM1]
You will be based at our 'Yandi' mine on a fly-in fly-out on a 8/6 roster. Yandi is located approximately 170kms North of Newman West Australia. The outstanding facilities at the FIFO village include; a fully equipped gym, swimming pool, squash, tennis and basketball courts, golf driving range, mini golf, netted cricket pitch, beach volleyball court and recreation room. All rooms at the village have their own ensuite bathroom, television, internet, refrigerator and air-conditioning
Remuneration and Benefits
Join us and be rewarded with interesting, challenging work in a supportive team culture. Develop skills for life whilst enjoying access to benefits including: incentive bonus, award winning share scheme, education assistance and generous superannuation scheme.
Reference Number – 40374967
- We reserve the right to commence recruitment proceedings immediately.
- This opportunity is currently only open to employees working within Australia.
- BHP Billiton Iron Ore is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages indigenous Australian and female candidates to apply.
Refer to a friend