Program Manager - Modifications and Small Projects
||Full Time - Permanent
||Australia - South Australia
||Engineering/Ingeniería, Projects/Proyectos Mayores, Operations/Operaciones
|| | Cen. Australia Daylight Time
|| | Cen. Australia Daylight Time
At BHP Billiton we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential.
With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.
Join Olympic Dam a safe, reliable, globally competitive business delivered by our people. At Olympic Dam we care that everyone goes home safe to do the things they love. We believe Leadership drive culture and culture drives performance. All incidents are preventable and everyone has a role to play.
BHP’s Olympic Dam is one of the world’s largest ore bodies with significant deposits of copper, gold, uranium and silver. With a workforce of around 3,500, the scale of the Olympic Dam orebody means it is a cornerstone of the resource industry and a generational resource for South Australia. The operation is currently in an exciting period of sustainable growth. Through significant investment in infrastructure and with a move into the high-grade Southern Mine Area (SMA), the Olympic Dam operation will underpin jobs and economic development in South Australia into the future.
About the role
Working within our newly established site-wide engineering function, Integrated Operations, and reporting to the Manager Modifications & Small Projects, the role of Program Manager will see you lead, mentor, coach and enable your team to safely deliver capital & operational projects to Olympic Dam with a value of around $40M.
In this role you will:
- Be first and foremost focused on creating a culture of care by being a visible safety leader, engaging, developing and coaching your team.
- Lead defined feasibility studies, cost-benefits analyses, impact assessments and project business cases.
- Validate that material risks for M&SP are identified and related critical controls are implemented and effective.
- Endorse, lead implementation and monitor effectiveness of M&SP improvement initiatives
- Manage the planning, safe execution, and commissioning of approved Modifications and Small Projects according to agreed scope, budget, schedule, and relevant standards and specifications.
- Manage the handover to the Operation / client and ensure all relevant change control documentation has been updated to as-built status (to ensure an accurate blue print) and is provided to the Engineering / Governance and Technical Stewardship sub-function.
- Lead the submission of the 2 and 5 year small projects (including mobile fleet expansion and replacement) and modifications budget to the Production Planning sub-function.
- Lead the management of the construction and commissioning activities for modifications and small projects and risks relevant to these activities
- Identify, build and develop Production talent and capability, including a pipeline of talent for key positions.
- Demonstrate the confidence to lead by example, hold yourself and others accountable and coach others in ‘Safety Leadership’
- Project management experience, managing, developing and mentoring diverse and multidisciplinary teams
- Able to demonstrate an aptitude for developing and maintaining effective stakeholder relationships with both internal and external clients
- Project Management qualification
- Tertiary Degree in a relevant Engineering or related discipline
Supporting a diverse workforce
At BHP Billiton, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people.
We know there are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options; a generous paid parental leave policy; other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.
How to apply
Please apply online before Sunday 26th November
Reference Number – 796074
Please note, screening and interviews may take place prior to the advertised close date.
We support flexible work at BHP Billiton. Talk to us about the flexible working options in this team.
Refer to a friend