Auto Technician Electrical Workshop | Iron Ore | Whaleback | Residential
||Full Time - Permanent
||Australia - Western Australia
|| | W. Australia Standard Time
|| | W. Australia Standard Time
At BHP Billiton we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.
About the role
BHP Billiton Iron Ore is one of the world’s leading suppliers of iron ore. The Company’s operations currently involve an integrated system of seven inland mines, more than 1,000 kilometres of rail and two separate port facilities; Nelson Point and Finucane Island at Port Hedland.
We are seeking diverse and talented individuals to take on these key roles in our business ensuring we have safe and effective maintenance contributing to high mobile fleet availability.
Reporting to the Supervisor Equipment Maintenance within the Mobile Maintenance team you will:
- Demonstrate commitment and conformance to the BHP Billiton Charter, the BHP Billiton Group Level Documents, Code of Conduct and relevant statutory obligations
- Auto Electrical Maintenance on WA1200 Komatsu’s, 785 Dump Trucks & Water Carts, 16H & 16M Graders, D10T & D11T Dozers, Wheel Dozers, Skid Steers, Rollers, IT’s & RCT Remote Systems
- Occasional Auto Electrical maintenance, repairs and advice on Shovels, Excavators, Drills, Light vehicles & Light trucks or buses
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement and assist in the implementing of the new initiatives in a constructive way.
If you are an outcome focused, energetic person who is passionate about safety and have the ability to build great relationships within our team, then you will be an ideal candidate to be part of our site family.
As well, you will possess the following:
- Auto Electrical Trade Qualification with a minimum 2 years Post Trade Experience
- Strong auto electrical maintenance competency, with sound diagnostic abilities
- C and HR/MC Driver’s License essential
- Forklift Licence, EWP, Working at Heights
With a focus on availability, reliability and quality maintenance, your technical strengths will be complemented by well developed communication skills.
In this residential role you will be based in Newman, Western Australia. You will be working at the closely located ‘Mount Whaleback’ mine site, which at more than five kilometres long and nearly 1.5 kilometres wide is the biggest single-pit open-cut iron ore mine in the world. The 7,000 strong population of Newman enjoys well-established town facilities including a newly revitalised town centre and sporting facilities. As a gateway to the Karijini national park, you will be in close proximity to spectacular gorges, water courses and stunningly unique landscapes. As this is a residential position you will also be provided with subsidised rental accommodation in addition to power and water subsidies.
Supporting a diverse workforce
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people.
We know there are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options; a generous paid parental leave policy; other extended leave entitlements. Find out more about our benefits in each location on our People & Careers Page at our website
Reference Number – 40026094
- We reserve the right to commence recruitment proceedings immediately.
- This opportunity is currently only open to employees working within Australia.
Refer to a friend