Specialist Treasury Operations
||Full Time - Permanent
||United Kingdom - London
||Finance/Accounting - Finanzas/Contabilidad
|| | GMT Standard Time
|| | GMT Standard Time
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential.
With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.
About the Role
Group Treasury holds the Group-wide mandate to maintain a strong balance sheet and manage all financial market exposures. We achieve this by embedding strategic insight and best in class execution of creative, value-generating and proactive structuring solutions. Within this mandate, the Treasury Operations team assists in the management of the Group’s extensive foreign exchange, interest rate hedging and liquidity investment activities. The Operations team is also responsible for BHP’s transactional banking relationships on a global level and the governance of all company bank accounts.
We are now seeking to fill the newly created role of Treasury Operations Specialist. You will be responsible for the preparation and settlement of currency positions, management of regional transactional banking relationships and represent Treasury Operations in regional banking projects.
In this role you will:
- Analyse financial data and supporting documents to provide accurate and timely commentary and insights
- Maintain efforts to drive cost efficiency of processes; adhere to standard and automated transaction processing and support performance excellence across the function
- Execute transactional processing of confirmations and settlements for FX, money market, derivative and debt transactions
- Communicate with counterparties and dealers to resolve confirmation and settlement issues
- Develop a working knowledge of Commercial Paper, Tri Party repos, Collateralisation products and other investment products
- Maintain day to day relationships with transactional banks and lead quarterly service banking reviews
- Support the Vice President Financial Markets and Operations and the Manager Treasury Operations in the management of the Group’s transactional banking structure
- Lead regional banking projects from a Treasury operations perspective
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, able to work collaboratively with stakeholders and be proactive in a complex and fluid environment with strict timelines
- Experience in working in cross-functional teams, leading/engaging and creating an environment of trust and collaboration amongst different teams
- Achieving superior performance through structured and rigorous planning and critical thinking
- Able to guide and support professionals at all levels to execute business improvement initiatives
Sound judgement including the ability to work independently and be proactive in a complex and ambiguous environment with strict timelines.
You will also bring strong engagement skills, including the ability to build effective relationships with individuals at all levels and experience in delivering solutions to management. SAP knowledge and experience with electronic banking platforms is preferred.
- A degree qualified professional, with proven commercial acumen and finance training (e.g. Qualified Accountant or MBA)
- Ability to work collaboratively with key stakeholders and functional teams to deliver value
- Creates a culture of continuous improvement, accountability and delivery of value added results
- Enthusiastic, confident self-starter, with the ability to work equally well in a team or autonomously
- Attention to detail, with the ability to meet deadlines and problem solve
- Strong business awareness, commercial mind-set and risk awareness skills
- Experience in SAP and Cash Management preferred but not essential
Supporting a diverse workforce
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people.
We know there are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options; a generous paid parental leave policy; other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.
How to apply
Reference Number – 40078243
Please note, screening and interviews may take place prior to the advertised close date.
We support flexible work at BHP. Talk to us about the flexible working options in this team
Advertised: 11th November 2017 GMT Daylight Time
Applications close: 25th Nov 2017 GMT Daylight Time
Refer to a friend