Specialist Improvement (Saraji Mine)
||Full Time - Permanent
||Australia - Queensland
|| | E. Australia Standard Time
|| | E. Australia Standard Time
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential.
With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.
About the role
Reporting to the Superintendent Analysis & Improvement, the Specialist Improvement will develop effective working relationships within the Production, Maintenance, Engineering and Planning teams based on site to lead and promote continuous improvement culture. You will do this through facilitation of the execution of performance improvement initiatives that enable operational excellence and support business priorities for continuous improvement at our Saraji Mine.
You will be responsible for driving outcomes through your focus on implementation activity, translating recommendations and business case information into tangible, achievable milestones and rallying others around you to deliver outcomes.
This role is based at Saraji Mine, Central Queensland, and is on 5/2 roster.
In this role you will:
- Analyse performance metrics and benchmarking performance across the function and in other BHP Billiton businesses;
- Recommend and implement improvement opportunities in line with site-wide priorities;
- Facilitate the execution of the improvement initiative portfolio, including project schedules and key stakeholder management. Work closely with Execution counterparts to deliver improvement implementation;
- Own stewardship of a Production Improvement pipeline to achieve 5 year plan productivity rates and targets;
- Engage with the workforce to compile and maintain a portfolio of improvement ideas and initiatives;
- Coach and enable the production teams in the continuous improvement process.
- An overriding commitment to health, safety, environmental responsibility and sustainable development;
- Qualification in an Engineering or Project Management field is desirable, however applicants from a diverse backgrounds will be considered;
- Demonstrated experience leading teams and implementing change. This may be exhibited as leading through influence rather than leading through line authority;
- Excellent interpersonal and facilitation skills;
- Experience translating plans into steps that are tangible and feasible, and communicate these plans across the levels of the organisation;
- Excel at influencing without formal authority;
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills;
- A high level or organisational capability;
- A high level of computer literacy.
You will have an understanding of mining and heavy industrial operations, ideally open cut mining or processing plants. Strong communication and interpersonal skills are a must, allowing you to build relationships across departments and to communicate with disciplines at all levels.
Supporting a diverse workforce
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people.
We know there are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options; a generous paid parental leave policy; other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.
How to apply
Reference Number – 795323
Please note, screening and interviews may take place prior to the advertised close date.
We support flexible work at BHP. Talk to us about the flexible working options in this team.
Refer to a friend