Principal Project Engineer – MHS Control Systems
||Full Time - Permanent
||Australia - South Australia
||MCOE - Project Functions, Maintenance/Mantenimiento, Engineering/Ingeniería, Operations/Operaciones, Processing/Procesos, Projects/Proyectos Mayores
|| | Cen. Australia Daylight Time
|| | Cen. Australia Daylight Time
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential.
With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Join Olympic Dam a safe, reliable, globally competitive business delivered by our people. At Olympic Dam we care that everyone goes home safe to do the things they love. We believe leadership drives culture and culture drives performance. All incidents are preventable and everyone has a role to play.
Come and be a part of this success!
One of Australia’s largest mines and a complex minerals processing operation, Olympic Dam, is unique in that we produce Copper, Uranium, Gold and Silver. This role is based in Adelaide, offering quality standard of living without the high costs of most other Australian capital cities. Adelaide offers a Mediterranean climate, beach-side lifestyle, cosmopolitan cafés and restaurants and world class wine regions just an hour away. All this plus an annual international festivals and events calendar makes Adelaide a vibrant, cultured, friendly environment to live, work and play in.
Please note this position is based in Adelaide with regular site travel required.
About the role
You will play a lead role in the completion of the Material Handling System (MHS) Control Systems design development and project execution, which will support the movement of all mined rock underground and ultimately contribute to our continued success at Olympic Dam. As a Principal you will provide expertise in Control Systems and deliver utilising robust project engineering methodologies.
In this role you will:
- Manage Front End Engineering Design package (Early Contractor Involvement)
- Management, monitoring and reporting of MHS Control Systems Contractor progress through the FEED study and subsequent implementation of the MHS Control Systems
- Help develop rail safety case and ensure safety in design through reviews, data collection and investigation, and innovative thinking
- Facilitate technology uplift and automation across the project
- Complete assurance and review activities with the MHS Control Systems Contractor, other specialist consultants and the wider MHS Team
- Investigate, analyse and report on alternative solutions to identified problems, issues and risks
- Support project progress through resolving Requests for Information, reports and collation of information
- Integration across MHS project work areas, IROC, the existing Control Systems and business enterprise systems
- Build relationships with other departments and employees to ensure problems are addressed and resolved effectively in a timely manner
- Bring innovative thinking to deliver value and reliability
- Comply to and consistently follow the standards and procedures designed to enable you to work safely and effectively every day
- A degree or further studies in Engineering (Electrical, Instrumentation and Controls)
- Significant experience in Project Engineering in a similar environment involving construction, rail, logistics or operations
- Project engineering execution and commissioning experience in a brownfield environment
- Project management qualifications or knowledge of Project management principals
- Exposure to site within a construction, logistics or operations environment
- Experience with industrial or transport control systems
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills
- Preference to work in a team, and a keen interest to learn from others
- Ability to analyse and develop innovative solution
- Proven commitment to look after your own wellbeing and the confidence to speak up when others put themselves in harm’s way
Supporting a diverse workforce
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people.
We know there are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options; a generous paid parental leave policy; other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.
How to apply
Please apply online before 19th December 2017
Reference Number – 40372686
Please note, screening and interviews may take place prior to the advertised close date.
We support flexible work at BHP. Talk to us about the flexible working options in this team. Think Big!
Refer to a friend