Principal Solutions Architect | Santiago | Technology Project
||Full Time - Permanent
||Chile - Santiago
||Technology/IT - Tecnología/IT
|| | Pacific SA Daylight Time
|| | Pacific SA Daylight Time
Principal Solutions Architect | Santiago
Join our new Technology team expansion
Our Vision is to enable a fully integrated and highly automated business from resource to market. BHP Billiton's global Technology team is the coming together of a dedicated, innovative team focused on identifying and implementing new ways of raising standards and improving productivity, safety and environmental impact. We will be first to embrace new technologies such as VR, Drones, automation and everything in between to lead our industry globally.
About the Opportunity
This exciting opportunity within the Technology Design & Architecture team will see you involved in mobile fleet control systems and fixed plant control systems. You will be a key player in the design and deployment of production systems with accountabilities around:
- Business solution designs for Autonomous In-Pit Technology systems, fixed plant control systems.
- Development and maintenance of solution roadmaps as they relate to life cycle requirements; contribute to project schedules, work the schedule.
- Development and maintenance of architectural guidance updates on Projects and report back to relevant stakeholders.
- Providing expert advice on the Solution Architecture of Vendor solutions and it’s alignment to BHP Billiton principles.
- Strong knowledge and practical experience with information systems that support manufacturing operations processes (production, maintenance, quality, inventory).
- Practical experience with information systems which support activities related to manufacturing operations management (master data, resource management, scheduling, task dispatch, task or job execution management, actuals data collection, operations tracking and performance analysis)
- 5+ years’ as a Solution Architect with practical experience working with fixed and mobile plant control systems, and Material Handling technology such as SCADA systems, HMI systems; with an emphasis on integration with business systems.
- 5+ years’ experience designing and implementing technical dimensions of information and control system business solutions required to support Copper value chain processes (applications, network, hosting compute and data management, cyber security)
- 5+ years’ experience designing non-functional aspects of business solutions (scalability, high performing, high availability, disaster recovery, cyber secure)
- Exposure to the development of software and configuration for programmable devices, PLCs and HMIs.
- Possesses knowledge of In-Pit Technology such as Fleet Management Systems, High Precision Systems, Safety systems.
- Strong effective communicator; with solid interpersonal and analytical decision making
- English and Spanish are essential.
Applications must be submitted in English.
What we offer you
At BHP Billiton, we will provide you an environment to:
- be autonomous and support (you) to use initiative;
- be accountable and performance driven;
- work flexibly with a focus on outcomes, not hours;
- problem-solve collaboratively together;
- Activate your improvement mindset, experimentation and agile learning.
Join our Technology expansion
Take the next steps in pioneering your technology career and being a part of our Tech revolution.
For further information check www.bhpbilliton.com/techrevolution or to immediately apply go to www./careers.bhpbilliton.com/cw/en/job/789065/technology-revolution
BHP Billiton is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from men and women of all ages, including people with a disability and Indigenous Australians.
Refer to a friend