Contract Coordinator, Track & Signals - Asset Integrity | Iron Ore | Port Hedland | 8/6 Roster
||Full Time - Permanent
||Australia - Western Australia
||Maintenance/Mantenimiento, Engineering/Ingeniería, Mining/Mina, Operations/Operaciones, Processing/Procesos
|| | W. Australia Standard Time
|| | W. Australia Standard Time
BHP Billiton Iron Ore is one of the world’s leading suppliers of iron ore. The Company’s operations comprise of an integrated system of seven inland mines, over 1,000 kilometres of rail and two separate port facilities; Nelson Point and Finucane Island at Port Hedland.
Reporting to the Superintendent of Asset Integrity & Condition Monitoring, within the Track & Signals team, you will supervise and manage contractor groups, including their day-to-day running of planned operation and maintenance activities. Meets work schedules and productivity targets, thereby optimising track availability, reliability and safety.
What success will look like in 2 years:
Manage contractors to ensure the safe delivery of contract works, on schedule, within budget and with a focus on best practice.
Your duties will include:
• As a Section 22 Appointed Person and Responsible person, you are required to ensure compliance with the requirements of the Rail Safety Act
• Supervising the administration and performance of day workers responsible for completing work in progress
• Ensuring that standards are adhered to and work is undertaken in a safe and efficient manner
• Providing financial and operational information to supervision
• Attending regular programming and maintenance meetings
• Monitor and manage contractor’s compliance with their Safety Management Plan and Hazard Register.
• Monitor and manage contractor’s according to the companies contractor management framework
Skills and Experience
As the successful candidate, you will possess the following:
• Good analytical and problem solving skills
• Administration and prioritisation including time management capability
• Ability to build positive and sustaining relationships
• Sound knowledge of track maintenance techniques and materials used on Continuous Welded Rail (CWR)
• Demonstrated experience in leading workgroups and contractors
• Sound knowledge of Railroad Operating Rules
• Good planning skills and the ability to oversee projects to successful completion on time and within budget
• Previous experience with Rail Grinding will be highly regarded
• Demonstrated field leadership experience.
• Track access, TOA/TWA trained and competent
• Minimum of C class manual drivers licence
Port Hedland – FIFO
You will be based at Port Hedland on a fly-in fly-out [insert roster] roster. Port Hedland is home to our port and rail operations and is the largest regional centre in North West Australia. The outstanding facilities at the FIFO villages include; a fully equipped gym, TV lounge and games rooms. Additionally you will have access to the state of the art aquatic and sporting facilities in the town of Port Hedland. All rooms at the villages have their own en-suite bathroom, television, refrigerator and air-conditioning.
Remuneration and Benefits
Join us and be rewarded with interesting, challenging work in a supportive team culture. Develop skills for life whilst enjoying access to benefits including: incentive bonus, award winning share scheme, education assistance and generous superannuation scheme. As part of our commitment to inclusion and diversity, we offer a range of family friendly work practices, including flexible work arrangements, and a substantial parental leave policy, which now includes retirement savings / superannuation contributions during parental leave.
Reference Number – 40367715
• We reserve the right to commence recruitment proceedings immediately.
• This opportunity is currently only open to candidates with the right to work in Australia.
• BHP Billiton Iron Ore is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages indigenous Australian and female candidates to apply.
Refer to a friend