Principal Base (Tech) Infrastructure Platform Lead | Digital | Perth
||Full Time - Permanent
||Australia - Western Australia
||Technology/IT - Tecnología/IT
|| | W. Australia Standard Time
|| | W. Australia Standard Time
About the Opportunity
At BHP we’re embarking on a journey to enable a fully integrated and highly automated business from resource to market.
We envision a future where data gathered from every part of our mining operation is harnessed in machine learning platforms to make our operations safer, cleaner and smarter. We will lead our industry globally.
We are doing this by building a Digital team that embraces agile and lean ways of working. We aim to accelerate this delivery by building reusable capability as a core Technology investment in skillsets. The six fundamental building blocks that defines Digital foundations are User Experience platforms, Enterprise Platforms, Digital Twin Platform, Base Infrastructure Platform, Data Management Platform and Decision Automation Engine.
This is a new way of working for BHP and we are excited about the future. We want to create a culture of intrinsically motivated technical people who understand deeply what they are building, why they are building it, and have the tools and capabilities to deliver fantastic value to our business. We recognise that we need help adopting and embedding agile and user-centric ways of working as we build our team.
To execute these goals, we need exceptional leadership for our technical experts and we are looking for an experienced technical practitioner with outstanding Stakeholder management skills to guide the Base Infrastructure Platform domain.
What you will do
The Digital Foundations team is made up of a practitioner for each of the six Platforms. These practitioners will be sources of knowledge, advice and direction for the teams that build software and hardware for the business. They will provide guidance on how to address delivery problems both from a strategic and architectural perspective as well as gathering and harvesting approaches that delivery teams discover and pioneer, in order to disseminate to other teams facing similar situations.
The Base Infrastructure Platform Lead reports to the Manager Digital Foundations and is part of the Digital Strategy team. You will own the design of a fully automated, scalable, distributed (centralised, local and edge) next generation digital ready base infrastructure platform. This includes servers, virtual servers, containers, network connectivity and interface with security; storage and local cloud and cloud burst capabilities.
- Act as Technical Design Authority and Subject Matter Expert for base infrastructure
- Provide technical and strategic advice to management on the direction of base infrastructure
- Define the use of consistent base infrastructure models across technology and a future of automated systems
- Educate and incubate the base infrastructure architecture and design for BHP Technology and operations
- Establish a team of teams approach to leverage capability across BHPs Technology function to deliver the platform
- Develop, maintain and advise on key base infrastructure standards, processes, workflows, policies and practices
- Support the design and implementation of base infrastructure solutions in major projects and initiatives
What you will need/have
- Deep Technical experience in highly scalable native digital platforms, tools and processes
- Exceptional stakeholder management skills
- Broad technical experience covering DevOps, Cloud, Edge Computing, API’s in a PaaS environment
- Good understanding of data workflows and processes, logical models, and internal/external interfaces
- Ability to empower others, inspire through enthusiasm and example
- Ability to communicate and articulate complex ideas
Supporting a diverse workforce
BHP Billiton value and respect employees, offering an inclusive and diverse environment where you’ll experience:
• dedicated leadership and female mentoring programs;
• 18 weeks paid parental leave;
• State-of-the-art facilities with Wi-Fi enabled indoor and outdoor spaces collaboration and versatility; and
• parents rooms.
Join our Technology expansion
Take the next steps in pioneering your technology career and being a part of our Tech revolution.
BHP Billiton is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from men and women of all ages, including people with a disability and Indigenous Australians.
We reserve the right to commence recruitment proceedings immediately.
Refer to a friend