||Full Time - Permanent
||Australia - South Australia
||Supply/Abastecimiento, Support Services/Servicios de Apoyo, Logistics/Transport - Logistica/Transporte
|| | Cen. Australia Daylight Time
|| | Cen. Australia Daylight Time
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential.
With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.
About the role
BHP Olympic Dam, located 560 kilometres north of Adelaide, South Australia, is one of Australia’s largest underground mines. Our focus is foremost on the safety of our people and producing reliable product that continues to remain competitive on the global market. A complex minerals processing operation, Olympic Dam is unique in that we produce Copper, Uranium, Gold and Silver. The local township of Roxby Downs is an active and progressive community offering a variety of modern, well equipped housing, educational, health, sporting, leisure, shopping and cultural facilities.
Reporting to the Principal Onsite Planner this role will be responsible for ongoing review, management and compliance of new and existing contracts. This position is one that will be responsible for ensuring that change management principles are adhered to and deliver a consistent approach to contract maintenance.
This is an Olympic Dam based position on a 5/2 roster and is offered as Residential or FIFO from Adelaide.
We are currently seeking a self-motivated and dynamic individual to join our talented team for an exciting new opportunity.
In this role you will:
- Have a commitment to look after your own wellbeing and the confidence to speak up if others put themselves in harm’s way
- Proactively manage safety by ensuring all safe work systems, procedures and standards are adhered to, conducting investigations as required
- Be an active team member who builds effective relationships to ensure problems are identified and resolved in a timely manner, while continuously finding opportunities for improvement
- Support and guide contractor partners and facilities management teams to ensure HSE systems and performance are aligned to Olympic Dam standards
- Provide support to the management team to ensure cost effective spend of budgets, without compromising on safety or quality, striving for the best outcome for BHP
- An analytical thinker with an overarching commitment to safety and the wellbeing of others
- A proven track record of proactively identifying and recommending continuous improvement in work practices and procedures
- Confident communicator who can effectively engage internal and external stakeholders, influencing and driving decision makers to ensure deadlines are met and actively hold accountability.
- A demonstrated understanding and application of contract law and contract management in a technical environment
- Experience using 1SAP and BI Reporting is highly desirable, along with advanced Word and Excel
- Tertiary qualifications within an associated discipline
Supporting a diverse workforce
At BHP Billiton, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people.
We know there are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options; a generous paid parental leave policy; other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.
Reference Number – 40201314
Please ensure you apply online before 26th November 2017.
This role is re-advertised. All previous applicants have been advised of outcomes of their application.
We support flexible work at BHP. Talk to us about the flexible working options in this team.
Refer to a friend