Superintendent Category Management – Site Engineering | Minerals Australia | 5/2 Perth
||Full Time - Permanent
||Australia - Western Australia
||Supply/Abastecimiento, Maintenance/Mantenimiento, Engineering/Ingeniería, Mining/Mina, Operations/Operaciones
|| | W. Australia Standard Time
|| | W. Australia Standard Time
BHP Billiton Iron Ore is one of the world’s leading suppliers of iron ore. The Company’s operations comprise of an integrated system of seven inland mines, over 1,000 kilometres of rail and two separate port facilities; Nelson Point and Finucane Island at Port Hedland.
Reporting to the Manager, Category Management - Projects, within the Category Management - Supply team, your duties will include:
• Leading a team of C&P professionals to provide commercial support across the contract lifecyle on projects
• Manages multiple stakeholder relationships including site based and Perth based project teams
• A core focus of this role will be driving world class contract management performance (with an emphasis on strategic and complex contracts).
• Key success factors for the role include:
- An indepth understanding of different project delivery models and pricing models used on projects (e.g. OT Team managed, EPCM; Lumpsum and reimbursable)
- Utilises historical and future project portfolio data to contribute to the development of a Category Strategy to preserve and improve portfolio value
- Leads and co-ordinates the drafting of high quality tender and contract documents to minimise ambiguity, thereby reducing opportunities for claims
- Ensures the provision of contract management (incl. administration) support to project teams throughout the contract life-cycle (planning to close-out) across all project phases
- Provides contractor and contract performance monitoring and reporting to support the Projects Category (KPI reporting, spend analytics, contract variations incl. claims management, and off-contract spend)
- Leads Supplier Relationship Management as it applies to projects, while working collaboratively with projects and cross functional stakeholders
- Drives and coaches suppliers, Contract Owners and Contract Owner Representatives to optimise supplier performance within the contract framework
- Pursues projects, operational and commercial excellence through continuous improvement
- Applies sound commercial judgement around application of contractual terms and conditions to ensure the contractors performs their obligations under the contract
• Proactively shares replicable current state opportunities across categories and assets to drive enterprise level opportunity
• Ensures local government and federal government legislation is well understood, and abided by
• Develop and implement advanced commercial techniques to leverage value creation opportunities
Skills and Experience
As the successful candidate you will possess the following:
• Strong leadership, coaching and mentoring capability
• Pragmatic commercial outlook and exemplary judgement (balances business value vs. risk) to deliver best outcome for Minerals Australia
• Demonstrated experience with contract law or contract management
• Collaborative mindset and advanced interpersonal skills
• Ability to think laterally to independently resolve issues and influence change
• Advanced communication skills enabling the influencing of a diverse stakeholder group (frontline to executive)
• Ability to support project teams to deliver upon department KPIs
• Proven ability to operate effectively in complex and ambiguous environments
• Minimum of C class manual drivers licence
You will be based in Perth, Western Australia, in the multi award winning office tower - ‘City Square’. You will have stunning river views from your modern open plan office, state of the art facilities including virtual whiteboards and video conferencing facilities, 550 bicycle racks with ample lockers, showers and change room amenities and a large outdoor terrace with barbecues.
Remuneration and Benefits
Join us and be rewarded with interesting, challenging work in a supportive team culture. Develop skills for life whilst enjoying access to benefits including: incentive bonus, award winning share scheme, education assistance and a generous parental leave policy, which now includes Superannuation contributions during parental leave.
Reference Number – 40353775
• We reserve the right to commence recruitment proceedings immediately.
• This opportunity is currently only open to candidates with the right to work in Australia.
BHP Billiton Iron Ore is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages indigenous Australian and female candidates to apply.
Refer to a friend