Principal Contracts & Procurement – Site Engineering | Minerals Australia | 5/2 Perth
||Full Time - Permanent
||Australia - Western Australia
||Supply/Abastecimiento, Maintenance/Mantenimiento, Engineering/Ingeniería, Mining/Mina, Operations/Operaciones, Strategy & Development/Estrategia y Desarrollo, Projects/Proyectos Mayores
|| | W. Australia Standard Time
|| | W. Australia Standard Time
BHP Billiton Iron Ore is one of the world’s leading suppliers of iron ore. The Company’s operations comprise of an integrated system of seven inland mines, over 1,000 kilometres of rail and two separate port facilities; Nelson Point and Finucane Island at Port Hedland.
Reporting to the Superintendent, Category Management - Projects, within the Category Management - Supply team, your duties will include:
• Supports the Superintendent in providing functional expertise, mentoring, coaching and guidance to the contracts and procurement team whilst fostering a positive team culture
• Supports the Superintendent in managing senior stakeholder relationships
• A core focus of this role will be driving world class end to end contract management performance (with an emphasis on strategic and complex construction and engineering contracts) through the following key attributes and activities:
- Understands the similarities and differences of various project delivery models (e.g. EPC; EPCM and Owners Team Managed), and the allocation of risks through the selection of the most effective commercial pricing models
- Understands local market conditions (participant capacity and capability) to meet individual project and portfolio requirements
- Ensures that market engagement is planned and executed to meet the project schedule, quality and cost objectives
- Co-ordinates the drafting of high quality tender and contract documents to minimise ambiguity, thereby reducing opportunities for claims
- Provides contractor and contract performance monitoring and reporting to support the Projects Category (KPI reporting, spend analytics, contract variations incl. claims management, and off-contract spend)
- Maintains relationships with key stakeholders to become a highly valued contract expert, trusted with commercial support, to lead negotiations with vendors and provide on-going contract management
- Participates in Supplier Relationship Management as it applies to specific contractors, while working collaboratively with projects and cross functional stakeholders
- Coaches suppliers, Contract Owners and Contract Owner Representatives to optimise supplier performance within the contract framework
- Pursues projects, operational and commercial excellence through continuous improvement
- Maintains contract data in SAP/SRM systems and other contract management systems as required
- Establishes processes required to identify, quantify, prevent and resolve construction claims
- As required, supports direct tendering, negotiation & implementation of complex and high value contracts across Minerals Australia to reduce total cost to the business
• Ensures local government and federal government legislation is well understood, and abided by
• Develop and implement advanced commercial techniques to leverage value creation opportunities
Skills and Experience
As the successful candidate you will possess the following:
• Strong coaching and mentoring ability
• Pragmatic commercial outlook and exemplary judgement (balances business value vs. risk) to deliver best outcome for Minerals Australia
• Demonstrated experience with contract law or contract management
• Collaborative mindset and advanced interpersonal skills
• Highly capable in building constructive long term relationships
• Proven ability to operate effectively in complex and ambiguous environments
• Ability to think laterally to independently resolve issues and influence change
• Ability to support Project teams to deliver upon department KPIs
You will be based in Perth, Western Australia, in the multi award winning office tower - ‘City Square’. You will have stunning river views from your modern open plan office, state of the art facilities including virtual whiteboards and video conferencing facilities, 550 bicycle racks with ample lockers, showers and change room amenities and a large outdoor terrace with barbecues.
Remuneration and Benefits
Join us and be rewarded with interesting, challenging work in a supportive team culture. Develop skills for life whilst enjoying access to benefits including: incentive bonus, award winning share scheme, education assistance and a generous parental leave policy, which now includes Superannuation contributions during parental leave.
Reference Number – 40365478
• We reserve the right to commence recruitment proceedings immediately.
• This opportunity is currently only open to candidates with the right to work in Australia.
BHP Billiton Iron Ore is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages indigenous Australian and female candidates to apply.
Refer to a friend