Principal Ocean Freight Procurement (SIN)
||Full Time - Permanent
||Marketing/Marketing, Logistics/Transport - Logistica/Transporte, Supply/Abastecimiento
|| | Singapore Standard Time
|| | Singapore Standard Time
Principal Ocean Freight Procurement - Freight – Marketing Singapore
BHP Billiton's Marketing activities are undertaken through a centralized Marketing organization with a network of offices across the world supporting our major customer markets and the distribution of product from our operations. A majority of marketing staff are located in Asia with Singapore being the primary hub office.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for Principal Ocean Freight Procurement to join the Freight team (Marketing) in Singapore, the candidate will be responsible for Responsible for chartering safe and reliable and cost efficient freight cover for BHP Billiton production in line with TMU requirements.
- Demonstrates commitment to the BHP Billiton Charter and Code of Business Conduct.
- Demonstrates and instils an overriding commitment to health, safety, environmental responsibility and sustainable development.
- Demonstrates thorough understanding of and adherence to all relevant BLD/ GLD's in order to facilitate meeting BHP Billiton and external legislative, reporting, governance and compliance requirements.
- Manages and executes transactions in the respective Freight trading book including execution of chartering activities and/or hedging activities (if required) and/or hedging activities (if required) for inbound logistics across containers and break bulk
- Position management to within defined limits and parameters.
Ensure strong alignment with sourcing strategies, growth opportunities and outlook of sourcing volumes against available ocean freight synergies to optimise inbound logistics costs
Experience in chartering handymax, supramax and or container shipments.
Develops and executes specific Freight coverage strategies in cooperation with Head of Ocean Freight Procurement, Freight Strategy Manager and Group Supply teams
Translates market information, indices and knowledge into value generating freight positions to optimize inbound logistics costs.
- Sourcing strategies across all supply categories (global and regional), shortlisting opportunities for freight synergies to be unlocked in either BAU options or in a dedicated project scope
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Science, Shipping, Logistics and/or business.
Experience & Technical Competencies
• 3-5 years working experience in commodity, financial, shipping and/or banking industry
• Computer literate, thorough knowledge of Excel and Microsoft products
• Experience with SAP applications
Fluent English, both verbal and written
In addition to the recruitment application process, we may refer to our talent management process to identify supplementary candidates for consideration.
Please note that it is a requirement that internal applicants exercise courtesy and advise their immediate managers of their applications.
If you are interested in this challenging opportunity being offered please apply on-line.
Refer to a friend