Contract Services Engineer
||Full Time - Permanent
||Australia - South Australia
|| | Cen. Australia Standard Time
|| | Cen. Australia Standard Time
At BHP Billiton we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential.
With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Join Olympic Dam a safe, reliable, globally competitive business delivered by our people. At Olympic Dam we care that everyone goes home safe to do the things they love. We believe Leadership drive culture and culture drives performance. All incidents are preventable and everyone has a role to play.
Come and be a part of this success.
One of Australia’s largest mines and a complex minerals processing operation, Olympic Dam, is unique in that we produce Copper, Uranium, Gold and Silver. The local township of Roxby Downs is an active and progressive community offering a variety of modern, well equipped housing, educational, health, sporting, leisure, shopping and cultural facilities.
Please note this position is based at Olympic Dam, operating on a 5/2 roster, with residential or FIFO options available.
About the role
The Contract Services Compliance Officer provides specialist advice, forecasting, analysis, benchmarking and asset management of the department’s end-to-end performance. In this key role you will also identify and implement improvement initiatives that enable functional excellence and support business priorities for continuous improvement.
In this role you will:
- Comply to and consistently follow the standards and procedures designed to enable you to work safely and effectively every day
- Analyse capacity managed performance metrics and benchmarks performance across Olympic Dams Aviation, Housing and Camp accommodation function
- Perform detailed analysis of end-to-end work processes, master data, work instructions and organisational design to identify inefficiencies in work execution and coordinate opportunities for improved business outcomes
- Initiate engineering requests (via 1SAP work management) on behalf of the Contract Services function to improve equipment safety and reliability, ensuring ownership through to completion
- Provide feedback to the Planning function to improve future execution plans, designs, schedules and forecasts
- Analyse life of plant, equipment and infrastructure and determine equipment capability assumptions based on the 2 year operational plan as well as provide input into the development of the capital budget for the operation or area
- Create and maintain a forecasting tool for future utilisation of Camps, Flights and Bussing, use of the forecasting tool will be to populate the 5 year operating budget
- Create and optimise maintenance work strategies for the operation
- Validate the standardisation of work instructions, procedures and strategies for the same plant equipment and infrastructure with the operation or across multiple operations when required
- Provide technical expertise to execution to support work quality and safe delivery of maintenance work
- Initiate root cause analysis and failure type reviews (e.g. 5 Whys, FMECA) of plant, equipment and non-process infrastructure based on non-compliance to planned availability or unpredicted failures
- Proven commitment to look after your own wellbeing and the confidence to speak up when others put themselves in harm’s way
- Degree qualifications in Structural or Mechanical Engineering preferred, other relevant technical disciplines will be considered
- Experience in asset and maintenance management
- Ability to operate at multiple levels and across disciplines
- Proficient with 1SAP (or similar) for reporting purposes
- Good knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite with advanced Excel skills
- Well-developed communication skills with the ability to work autonomously as well as in teams
Supporting a diverse workforce
At BHP Billiton, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people.
We know there are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options; a generous paid parental leave policy; other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.
How to apply
Please apply online before 5pm Sunday 30 July 2017.
Reference Number – 40360770
Please note, screening and interviews may take place prior to the advertised close date.
We support flexible work at BHP Billiton. Talk to us about the flexible working options in this team.
Refer to a friend