Specialist Control Systems Engineer | Production Systems | Technology | Perth
||Full Time - Permanent
||Australia - Western Australia
||Technology/IT - Tecnología/IT
|| | W. Australia Standard Time
|| | W. Australia Standard Time
Join our new Technology team expansion
Our Vision is to enable a fully integrated and highly automated business from resource to market. BHP Billiton's global Technology team is the coming together of a dedicated, innovative team focused on identifying and implementing new ways of raising standards and improving productivity, safety and environmental impact. We will be first to embrace new technologies such as VR, Drones, automation and everything in between to lead our industry globally.
About the Opportunity
Our Control Systems team currently has an opportunity for a Specialist to join the team to take on safety, leadership, project delivery accountabilities and provide Subject Matter Expertise. You will ensure that a consistently high standard is being delivered and be the key contact point for any Production Systems or Technology projects that involve Control Systems to Business Systems integration. You will also provide development and mentorship of our internal talent. Your day-to-day activities will include:
Ensuring that safety standards are upheld
- Overseeing all technical aspects of control systems project delivery by creating standards, designing, programming, testing, commissioning, handover and post-handover support
- Working in alignment with the Technology strategy, including proactive strategic input to development of Control Systems to Business Systems integration goals and guide relevant projects through project delivery and execution
- Budget control and management
- Proactive engagement with stakeholders at each stage of the project
We are looking for a strong technical and people leader with the ability to engage stakeholders at all levels to influence mutually beneficial outcomes. It is essential that you have experience in design, deployment and support of Process Control systems in mining/manufacturing/heavy industries.
To be successful you will need to have a Technical Degree (STEM), which is mandatory for these roles. To be successful in this role, you will need to have:
- Demonstrated in depth experience with control & automation systems including SCADA (Citect, FTView, Wonderware), PLC (Allen Bradley, GE Fanuc, Siemens and Schneider Electric), PLC Coding and Configuration environments and store/compute infrastructure (including virtualisation technologies)
- Understand the facilitation and impact of change management and have the ability to actively take part in the change management process
- Successful track record of Control Systems to Business Systems integration project execution and delivery
- Demonstrated ability to engage and influence stakeholders and collaborate with internal and external groups
- Written and verbal proficiency in English is essential
What we offer you
At BHP Billiton, we will provide you an environment to:
- be autonomous and support (you) to drive initiatives;
- be accountable and performance driven;
- work flexibly with a focus on outcomes, not hours;
- problem-solve collaboratively together;
- Activate your improvement mindset, experimentation and agile learning.
Supporting a diverse workforce
- BHP Billiton value and respect employees, offering an inclusive and diverse environment where you'll experience:
- dedicated leadership and female mentoring programs;
- 18 weeks paid parental leave;
- state-of-the-art facilities with WiFi enabled indoor and outdoor spaces collaboration and versatility;
- parents room.
Join our Technology expansion
Take the next steps in pioneering your technology career and being a part of our Tech revolution.
For further information check www.bhpbilliton.com/techrevolution or to immediately apply go to www./careers.bhpbilliton.com/cw/en/job/789065/technology-revolution
BHP Billiton is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from men and women of all ages, including people with a disability and Indigenous Australians.
About BHP Billiton
At BHP Billiton, our products are the essential building blocks of progress, fuelling change that lifts the living standards of millions of people around the world. Across our global operations, we are committed to working in ways that are true to Our BHP Billiton Charter values of Sustainability, Integrity, Respect, Performance, Simplicity and Accountability. Learn more about working at BHP Billiton and the exciting career opportunities that exist for professionals, undergraduates and graduates on our website: http://www.bhpbilliton.com/our-approach/work-with-us
Refer to a friend