Specialist Analysis (GRM)
||Full Time - Permanent
||Australia - Queensland
||Maintenance/Mantenimiento, Engineering/Ingeniería, Mining/Mina, Operations/Operaciones, Processing/Procesos
|| | E. Australia Standard Time
|| | E. Australia Standard Time
At BHP Billiton we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential.
With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.
About the role
Reporting to the Superintendent Analysis & Improvement - Production Overburden, the Specialist Analysis will develop effective working relationships within the Production, Maintenance, Engineering and Planning teams based on site, in order to interpret complex data with regards to production performance and optimising organizational capability. You will be able to influence and engage a variety of stakeholders and drive business improvement initiatives.
Your responsibilities include:
- Designing and creating advanced analytical tools that produce tangible value (productivity benefits and/or cost efficiency) and uplift organisational capability regarding the use of performance data to drive improvement in the Production Overburden team
- Analysing performance metrics and benchmarking performance across the function and in other BHP Billiton businesses
- Recommend and implement improvement opportunities in line with site-wide priorities
- Facilitate the execution of the improvement initiative portfolio, including project schedules and key stakeholder management. Work closely with Execution counterparts to deliver improvement implementation
- Leverage appropriate project management tools to support delivery, alignment, and prioritisation of analysis and improvement acceleration initiatives
- Contribute to an improvement culture through stakeholder engagement and coaching
- Engage with the workforce to compile and maintain a portfolio of improvement initiatives
This is a great opportunity to hone your Analysis and Improvement skills in a large high performing Production team, as you gain exposure to one of the biggest and most complex coal mining operations in Queensland.
The successful candidate will have:
- An overriding commitment to health, safety, environmental responsibility and sustainable development;
- Qualification in an Engineering or Quantitative (Statistics, Actuarial, Data Science, Mathematics, Computer Science) Field
- Demonstrated experience leading teams and implementing change. This may be exhibited as leading through influence rather than leading through line authority;
- Project management, Change management and communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and facilitation skills;
- Experience translating plans into steps that are tangible and feasible, and communicate these plans across the levels of the organisation;
- Excellent at influencing without formal authority;
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills,
- A high level of organisational capability
- A high level of computer and data analytics software literacy
The successful applicant will have an understanding of mining and heavy industrial operations, ideally open cut mining. Strong communication and interpersonal skills are a must, allowing you to build relationships across departments and to communicate with disciplines at all levels.
Supporting a diverse workforce
At BHP Billiton, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people.
We know there are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options; a generous paid parental leave policy; other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.
How to apply
Reference Number – Specialist Analysis (GRM) /792976
Please note, screening and interviews may take place prior to the advertised close date.
We support flexible work at BHP Billiton. Talk to us about the flexible working options in this team.
Refer to a friend