Engineer Process Analysis & Improvement | IO Asset | Mining Area C | FIFO 5/2, 4/3
||Full Time - Permanent
||Australia - Western Australia
|| | W. Australia Standard Time
|| | W. Australia Standard Time
BHP Billiton Iron Ore is one of the world’s leading suppliers of iron ore. The Company’s operations comprise of an integrated system of seven inland mines, over 1,000 kilometres of rail and two separate port facilities; Nelson Point and Finucane Island at Port Hedland. BHP Billiton celebrates and actively promotes diversity of thought at all levels and strictly adheres to a series of core values outlined in our Company Charter.
Reporting to the Superintendent Mine Analysis and Improvement your purpose will be to systematically analyse performance, determine how best to define, prioritise, plan and implement improvements that safely deliver the most value to the business,
Provides specialist advice, executes analysis and benchmarking of Mining Production’s end-to-end performance, identifies, and implement improvement initiatives that enable functional excellence and support business priorities for continuous improvement
Additional duties will include:
- Ensure conformance with the BHP Billiton Charter, the BHP Billiton Group Level Documents, Code of Conduct and relevant statutory obligations.
- Demonstrates an overriding commitment to health, safety, environment responsibility and sustainable development.
- Take shared accountability for the performance of the team and ensure quality of tasks, services and advice provided to other operations; Support / encourage peers and other team members to build a safety orientated, high performance culture, with a strong focus on continuous improvement
- Investigate and identify process and equipment related productivity improvement opportunities as required by Mine Analysis & Improvement Superintendent.
- Initiate & execute (where applicable) improvement activities for production execution improvements related to productivity uplifts or mining cost reduction
- Prepares the inputs to inform the short and medium term production plan and monitors execution to verify compliance to plan.
- Engage with key stakeholders to verify equipment capability assumptions.
- Understand the significant HSE risks, which are apparent within the processing environment and ensure controls are implemented to mitigate/reduce the risk.
- Engagement with key stakeholders to verify equipment capability assumptions
- Ensure Company policies, regulations and procedures are adhered to and monitor compliance;
- Maintaining and monitoring production statistics so they can be used as Key Performance Indicators
Skills and Experience
As the successful candidate you will possess the following:
- A recognised Tertiary Degree in Mining Engineering or similar
- Self-reliant contributor with distinctive proficiency in continuous improvement with a minimum experience of 3 years work experience in open cut mining environment
- Strong communication, negotiation, influencing and relationship management skill
- Strong track record of continuous improvement & project delivery
- Excellent analytical skills
- Experience using Fleet Software (surface manager, DAS experience) is advantageous
- Minimum of C class manual drivers licence
You will be based at our ‘Area C’ mine site on a fly-in fly-out 5/2 4/3 roster. Our Area C mine is located approximately 100kms North West of Newman, West Australia. The outstanding facilities at the FIFO village include; a fully equipped gym, swimming pool, netted cricket pitch, tennis and basketball court, beach volleyball court and recreation room including a pool table, darts, table tennis, TV and DVD player. All rooms at the village have their own ensuite bathroom, television, refrigerator and air-conditioning.
Remuneration and Benefits
Join us and be rewarded with interesting, challenging work in a supportive team culture. Develop skills for life whilst enjoying access to benefits including: incentive bonus, award winning share scheme, education assistance and generous superannuation scheme.
Reference Number – 40351993
- We reserve the right to commence recruitment proceedings immediately.
- This opportunity is currently only open to candidates with the right to work in Australia.
- BHP Billiton Iron Ore is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages indigenous Australian and female candidates to apply.
Refer to a friend