Kalgoorlie - Maintenance Analysis & Improvement Superintendent
||Full Time - Permanent
||Australia - Western Australia
||Maintenance/Mantenimiento, Engineering/Ingeniería, Mining/Mina, Operations/Operaciones, Processing/Procesos
|| | W. Australia Standard Time
|| | W. Australia Standard Time
The health and safety of our people and our host communities is a value that drives the way we work. Our consolidated commitment to achieving the highest level of safety performance stands at the forefront of our planning, actions and behaviours.
Maintenance Analysis & Improvement Superintendent- Kalgoorlie
- Competitive salary on offer plus 12% superannuation and a range of company benefits
- BHP Nickel West actively supports a diverse workforce and encourages Female and Indigenous applicants to apply
Reporting to the Maintenance Manager in Kalgoorlie and leading a team of reliability professionals. This role represents an exciting opportunity to join the Maintenance Department in an integral role delivering improvement initiatives with a strategic focus.
Key focus areas of this role will be to;
- Manage, lead and coordinate activities within the Maintenance A&I team, focusing on safety, production, quality, coaching, communication and achievement of departmental targets
- Focus on the improvement of maintenance performance and downtime through analysis
- Provide reliability engineering services to support the efficient and effective operation of plant and equipment
- Identify and mitigate significant risks
- Develop processes and maintenance strategies to enable long term improvement of plant reliability
- Lead the preparation of maintenance budgets, as well as optimise the total maintenance cost to the business over the long term
- Share knowledge and learn from expertise within your team, other operations and across diverse industries
Skills and Requirements
To be considered for this role you will require:
- Tertiary qualifications in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering.
- Significant experience at an engineering level, ideally in reliability engineering in a chemical process plant or related industry.
- Previous experience of SAP will be highly regarded.
- Broad knowledge in gas or chemical plants – operating with high pressure, high temperature and acid processes – will be highly regarded.
Personal qualities that you bring will include strong leadership skills, a high level of safety awareness, excellent communication and strong operational discipline. The ability to be a change agent, use initiative, be flexible and contribute effectively to a multi-disciplinary team is essential.
As part of the recruitment process for this position you may be required to undergo a pre-employment medical and participate in a background screen including a criminal history check, identity check and qualifications check.
Supporting a Diverse Workforce
On offer is a range of employee benefits including development and career opportunities together with competitive remuneration package, including share options, generous superannuation contributions, 18 weeks of paid parental leave.
Nickel West Kalgoorlie
Kalgoorlie is the largest inland city in Western Australia and due to its central location is positioned at the heart of the Goldfields as a vibrant mining town and a major gateway to the Eastern States. Although fairly isolated, the City of Kalgoorlie/Boulder offers modern shopping facilities, a huge variety of sports, and schooling for all ages up to high school. There are contemporary housing options for all budgets, sporting clubs and leisure complexes of all descriptions.
The Kalgoorlie Nickel Smelter receives nickel concentrate from our mining operations in Leinster and Mt Keith as well as from our Third Party Feed concentrator in Kambalda. Nickel West Kalgoorlie incorporates a flash furnace smelter, converters and an acid plant which has the capacity to produce up to 110,000 tonnes per annum of nickel matte.
All Kalgoorlie roles are residential, FIFO is not an option. Nickel West Kalgoorlie is a non-smoking operation.
Short listing for this position will commence on 1st of September 2017, however we do reserve the right to close this position earlier than stated. To enable us to process your application as quickly as possible simply click on the ‘apply’ button below.
Please note: It is a requirement that all internal applicants advise their immediate line manager of their application.
Refer to a friend