Category Management - Supervisor/Superintendent
||Full Time Regular (USA)
||US - Texas - Houston
|| | Central Daylight Time
|| | Central Daylight Time
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Leads, coaches and mentors the Category Management Team supporting primarily Maintenance Services categories globally to ensure delivery against performance targets.
- Leads team of Category Management Specialists through the sourcing and Supply management of all relevant categories.
- Provides strategic insight and cost foresight throughout the Category Management process
- Monitors expectations, understanding and application of Supply Category Management processes within the team to support compliance with local requirements and Group Level Documents (GLD).
- Leads the implementation and monitors effectiveness of Category Management improvement initiatives with support from Supply Analysis & Improvement (A&I).
- Validates that frameworks, policies and practices established for the sub-function are applied.
- Supports Head of Category Management with performance and insights on the management of Supply risk and the relevant mitigating actions.
- Develops and maintains effective relationships with internal business leaders to understand business objectives, plans and requirements.
- Develops and maintains collaborative relationships with suppliers to ensure optimum delivery quality and sustained performance in line with business objectives.
- Effectively promotes inclusion and manages teams co-located in Petroleum office locations
Sourcing Strategy and Planning
- Reviews and ensure the Asset/Project Supply Sourcing Plan and Sole Source usage.
- Coordinates market intelligence and analysis to build robust category and sourcing strategies.
- Guides development of sourcing opportunities that drive effective utilization of the supply base to maintain competitive advantage for the Asset.
- Coordinates with Business to ensure category strategies and contract coverage adequately supports 2 year budget and 5 year execution plans.
- Reviews category strategies to ensure cost effectiveness, optimal contract portfolio and process automation.
- Monitors sourcing projects and ensures on-time delivery thereof minimising disruption to the business.
- Supports development of the Local Procurement Plan.
Tender and Contract Management
- Validates application of procedures for issuing and evaluating tenders.
- Supports Specialists and when required leads negotiations with Suppliers.
- Reviews contract award recommendations.
- Reviews contracts for approval.
- Support cost optimization through cost savings delivery.
- Monitors the portfolio of suppliers supporting the business ensuring optimal usage.
- Coordinates supplier selection and qualification in-line with local requirements and regulation.
- Validates management, development and recognition of suppliers is in line with approved guidelines
- Supports resolution of supplier performance issues and escalations.
BEHAVIOURAL & LEADERSHIP COMPETENCIES
- BHPB Charter Values -
- Action oriented
- Strategically focused
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Superior problem solving and influencing skills
- Ability to create and foster a collaborative team culture
- Proven mentoring skills
- Change management leadership expertise
- Building relationship with stakeholders
- Results orientated
- Stakeholder engagement with the following groups:
- Petroleum Supply Management team - VP Supply , Category Management, Purchasing, Warehouse and Inventory
- General Managers, Operations Managers, Field Management and their teams
- Senior Managers, Senior Engineers
- Superintendent Category Management and Purchasing and Warehouse & Inventory Management and Specialists
- 4 year post-secondary degree or equivalent
- Post graduate degree preferred (MBA, Masters or PhD)
EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCIES
- 7+ years of relevant industry experience with a focus on Supply Chain Management
- Ability to effectively lead and manage a team (cross functional) with senior professionals
- Proven ability to influence across functions
- Sound understanding of oil gas industry preferred
- Superior Contract negotiation experience
- Ability to analyse complex business processes, risk factors and control systems
- Risk management skills
- Experience with ERP systems
Builds trust by being authentic, credible and inclusive
Actively listens and asks for feedback
Helps all employees feel cared for, valued and heard
Communicates effectively with all stakeholders within and outside BHP Billiton (up, down and sideways)
Encourages collaboration within and between teams
Encourages debate and possibility – always ensuring it is safe to speak up
Develops and communicates a clear and exciting vision of the future
Anticipates future needs and implements sustainable solutions for the long term
Provides the context for change and help employees understand the ‘why’
Proactively identifies and overcomes barriers, simplifies the work
Builds personal and team resilience
Inspires and challenges employees to continually improve and get better every day
Provides regular open, honest and constructive feedback and coaching
Helps employees learn from their mistakes and celebrates success and achievements
Teaches rather than tells, by helping employees to find the answer or solution for themselves Identifies opportunities for employees’ personal growth to help them excel
Stretches others beyond functional and technical knowledge to identify solutions
Applies a mix of data, logic, experience and good judgement to effectively solve problems and make decisions
Encourages thinking creatively and applying insights to solve problems
Works effectively in complex or ambiguous contexts, and makes sense of them
Empowering employees to solve problems and make decisions for themselves
Looks for and follows up on weak signals or lead indicators to mitigate potential risks
Utilises controls, benchmarks and metrics to ensure that all risks are understood
Manages health, safety and environmental risk
Focuses on balancing risk against reward
Sets stretch goals and communicates expectations clearly to create positive outcomes for the group Consistently and energetically drives disciplined planning, execution and measurement of work Prioritises, takes action and uses resources efficiently
Applies deep functional / technical knowledge to deliver in the role
Applies a thorough knowledge of the BHP Billiton Operating Model and relevant work processes and systems
Takes personal accountability and holds others to account
Refer to a friend