Principal, Human Resources Business Partnership
||Full Time Regular (USA)
||US - Texas - Houston
||Human Resouces/Recursos Humanos
|| | Central Daylight Time
|| | Central Daylight Time
At BHP Billiton we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential.
With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.
About the role
BHP Billiton’s Petroleum business has exploration, development, production and marketing activities in countries around the globe, including significant positions in the deepwater Gulf of Mexico, onshore U.S., Australia, and Trinidad and Tobago. As part of the Human Resources function, an exciting opportunity exist as part of the HR Business Partner team to partner with leaders to deliver value by providing support to our business based on deep functional expertise. The position is for a Principal HR Business Partner role.
In this role you will:
- Partner with leaders to create a high performance culture
- Build and maintain strong, credible relationships with customer groups and line leaders;
- Understand their customer group’s core business and key drivers and use this knowledge to set HR strategic direction, influence and align stakeholders;
- Demonstrate high-level business acumen;
- Partner with leaders to leverage the value of an inclusive and diverse workplace;
- Support a business unit through a variety of people processes
- Lead change to ensure people and cultural initiatives are focused and supportive of business strategy;
- Drive the embedment of step-up behaviours in line leaders and internal team to improve culture and engagement;
- Actively seek business and workforce optimisation through unique analysis of situations and ability to influence at all levels;
- Develop functional capability through coaching and informal mentoring of other team members.
You will have successfully completed an Undergraduate or Master’s degree in Business, Human Resources, or related field: a broadening post graduate qualification will be viewed favourably. You will have 10+ years of proven work experience in Human Resources, preferably in a business partnering role within the resources, manufacturing or other process-driven industry.
We value diversity in thinking and your career to date will testify to your ability to demonstrate:
- HR skills in the area of HR Business Partnering with experience in partnering with line leaders to support the delivery of HR processes
- The ability to diagnose and influence organisational culture through line leadership
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate organizational change and foster linkage between business objectives and HR activities
- Ability to create and maintain a positive Employee Relations environment throughout a complex and changing environment.
- Ability to navigate change, communication and decision-making not only with internal resources but also with JV partners will require excellence in stakeholder management skills
- Strong bias for action, a keen sense of urgency and the ability to drive results in a highly matrixed organization
- Capable of managing multiple demands and priorities simultaneously
- Strong interpersonal and teambuilding skills
- Preference for candidates that have worked internationally or within a global HR function but not essential
Supporting an inclusive and diverse workforce
At BHP Billiton, we recognise that we are strengthened by inclusion and enabling diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from diverse candidates.
We know there are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options; a generous paid parental leave policy; other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.
Reference Number – 792742
Please note, screening and interviews may take place prior to the advertised close date.
We support flexible work at BHP Billiton. Talk to us about the flexible working options in this team
Refer to a friend