Superintendent Modifications and Small Projects
||Full Time - Permanent
||Australia - South Australia
||Engineering/Ingeniería, Projects/Proyectos Mayores
|| | Cen. Australia Standard Time
|| | Cen. Australia Standard Time
At BHP Billiton we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential.
With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.
Join Olympic Dam a safe, reliable, globally competitive business delivered by our people. At Olympic Dam we care that everyone goes home safe to do the things they love. We believe Leadership drive culture and culture drives performance. All incidents are preventable and everyone has a role to play.
One of Australia’s largest mines and a complex minerals processing operation, Olympic Dam, is unique in that we produce Copper, Uranium, Gold and Silver.
Please note, this role is operating on a 5/2 (Monday –Friday) roster, with flexibility of either being Adelaide-based with regular travel to site , or based residentially in Roxby Downs/Olympic Dam.
The local township of Roxby Downs is an active and progressive community offering a variety of modern, well equipped housing, educational, health, sporting, leisure, shopping and cultural facilities.
Adelaide, offering quality standard of living without the high costs of most other Australian capital cities. Adelaide offers a Mediterranean climate, beach-side lifestyle, cosmopolitan cafés and restaurants and world class wine regions just an hour away. All this plus an annual international festivals and events calendar makes Adelaide a vibrant, cultured, friendly environment to live, work and play in.
About the role
Reporting to the Manager Engineering Mine, in this role you will lead, mentor and continuously develop an already dedicated team in the management and delivery of a wide portfolio of projects in line with relevant processes, standards, cost and safety targets.
In this role you will:
- Be first and foremost focused on creating a culture of care by being a visible safety leader, engaging, developing and coaching your team.
- Lead the study phases of project development (identification, selection and definition) in preparation for execution.
- Lead the reporting requirements for the development and execution of modifications and small projects for plant, equipment and non-process infrastructure
- Manage the delivery of projects in line with agreed KPI's and statement of requirements.
- Finalise a statement of requirement for each study at inception and gain endorsement from all key stakeholders.
- Develop a control budget for each project, ensuring the budget is aligned to the objectives.
- Coordinate the application of project engineering standards in conjunction with the Engineering functions
- Evaluate engineering consultants and service companies and subsequent engagement
- Conduct reviews and designs by their party providers to align with standards
- Provide technical expertise and advice establishing commissioning performance standards
- You will manage, prioritise and execute projects aligned with BHP Billiton Charter Values, global level policies and statutory obligations whilst maintaining an overriding commitment to Health, Safety & Environment
Working with a range of stakeholders your contribution will have significant impact on the business supporting our mid and long term objectives
- Demonstrate the confidence to lead by example, hold yourself and others accountable and coach others in ‘Safety Leadership’
- Proven delivery in Project Studies and Engineering Management in heavy industry, resources or similar.
- Be able demonstrate competency and capability of transferable skills sets relevant to the role
- Be able to demonstrate successful delivery of complex, multi-discipline projects from Concept through to Commissioning
- Have a strong technical background and exposure to critical brownfields projects
- Proven ability to drive capability within your team and offer continued mentorship and development to the wider professional group
Supporting a diverse workforce
At BHP Billiton, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people.
We know there are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options; a generous paid parental leave policy; other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.
How to apply
Please apply online before 27th August 2017
Reference Number – 40086435
Please note, screening and interviews may take place prior to the advertised close date.
We support flexible work at BHP Billiton. Talk to us about the flexible working options in this team.
Refer to a friend