Manager Community (BMA BMC NSWEC)
||Full Time - Fixed Term
||Australia - Queensland
||Corporate Affairs/Asuntos Corporativos
|| | E. Australia Standard Time
|| | E. Australia Standard Time
At BHP Billiton we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential.
With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be part of this success.
About the role:
Based in our Brisbane office and reporting to our coal assets' Head of Corporate Affairs, we are seeking an experienced Manager Community to strengthen our coal assets' social license to ensure compliance and operate in key central Queensland and NSW communities. This role is a maternity cover.
In this role you will
- Coordinating the strategic planning of our coal asset community program activities, and enhancing stakeholder awareness of those activities and their perceptions of our coal assets as a responsible corporate citizen.
- Understand good community investment policy and practice, and reflect this in responding to the issues and needs of communities that host or are otherwise impacted by our coal assets operations.
- Engage effectively and cordially with leaders, stakeholders and project partners in these communities, and will represent the company in external forums on community matters.
- Manage and further develop our established programs of Community Partnerships and Landmark Projects, and develop and implement new initiatives, such as an Indigenous engagement program to enhance relations with Traditional Owners and Aboriginal communities.
- Advise and guide periodic evaluation, review and reform of community investment activities in response to changing community needs and business priorities.
- you will have an understanding of industry and commercial drivers and experience in the practical application of sustainable business practices to community investment, preferably in the resources sector or similar heavy industry setting
- You will also have a demonstrated ability to plan strategically and to manage the successful delivery of projects of a capital nature
- Communication as a peer with senior managers and community leaders e.g. mine General Managers, local government leaders and senior government officials, will be within your experience portfolio
- you will either be degree-qualified in an appropriate discipline or have had extensive relevant experience in the community relations field
- Your written and verbal communication skills will be a strength, along with your interpersonal, cultural awareness and analytical skills
Supporting a diverse workforce
At BHP Billiton, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people.
We know there are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options; a generous paid parental leave policy; other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.
How to apply
Reference Number – 791583
Please note, screening and interviews may take place prior to the advertised close date.
We support flexible work at BHP Billiton. Talk to us about the flexible working options in this team
Refer to a friend