Applications Maintenance Specialist (Graduate)
||Full Time - Fixed Term, Full Time - Permanent
||Australia - Western Australia
||Technology/IT - Tecnología/IT
|| | W. Australia Standard Time
|| | W. Australia Standard Time
Join our new Technology team expansion
Our Vision is to enable a fully integrated and highly automated business from resource to market. BHP Billiton's global Technology team is the coming together of a dedicated, innovative team focused on identifying and implementing new ways of raising standards and improving productivity, safety and environmental impact. We will be first to embrace new technologies such as VR, Drones, automation and everything in between to lead our industry globally.
About the Opportunity
You will be part of a global enterprise team and will be accountable for the development of monitoring and maintenance strategies, reliability and improvements of Applications, Processes and Workflows. Level 2 and 3 application support. The role will involve working with different project teams, developers, business specialists and network and infrastructure teams:
- Monitor Applications and setup Alert using Monitoring Tools
- Develop Application Health check plans for new and existing applications.
- Develop maintenance plans and schedule routine maintenance activities for Applications
- Gather requirements and participate in development of maintenance plans for associated infrastructure layers that support the application
- Carry out root cause analysis [RCA] in order to develop bug fixes and configuration changes to prevent performance and/or stability issues
- Work as part of global team to manage problem tickets, develop work around/s and permanent fixes for process, functional and or technical issues
- Ensure quality of changes to be implemented into pre-production and production environments
- Design and develop new solutions to ensure smooth transition to support team.
- Update CI’s in CMDB
We are seeking diverse and talented graduate applicants for our Enterprise Systems, Graduate Positions. This is an outstanding opportunity for candidates to develop a dynamic and fulfilling career within the mining industry. The program is designed to develop engaged, professional and highly skilled individuals, via structured, practical and theoretical work experience.
To be successful you will need to have a Technical Degree (STEM), which is mandatory for these roles.
- Experience in Monitoring tools like App Dynamics, Hobbit, Jenkins etc
What we offer you
At BHP Billiton, we will provide you an environment to:
- be autonomous and support (you) to use initiative;
- be accountable and performance driven;
- work flexibly with a focus on outcomes, not hours;
- problem-solve collaboratively together;
- Activate your improvement mindset, experimentation and agile learning.
Supporting a diverse workforce
- BHP Billiton value and respect employees, offering an inclusive and diverse environment where you'll experience:
- dedicated leadership and female mentoring programs;
- 18 weeks paid parental leave;
- state-of-the-art facilities with WiFi enabled indoor and outdoor spaces collaboration and versatility;
- parents room.
Join our Technology expansion
Take the next steps in pioneering your technology career and being a part of our Tech revolution.
For further information check www.bhpbilliton.com/techrevolution or to immediately apply go to www./careers.bhpbilliton.com/cw/en/job/789065/technology-revolution
BHP Billiton is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from men and women of all ages, including people with a disability and Indigenous Australians.
About BHP Billiton
At BHP Billiton, our products are the essential building blocks of progress, fuelling change that lifts the living standards of millions of people around the world. Across our global operations, we are committed to working in ways that are true to Our BHP Billiton Charter values of Sustainability, Integrity, Respect, Performance, Simplicity and Accountability. Learn more about working at BHP Billiton and the exciting career opportunities that exist for professionals, undergraduates and graduates on our website: http://www.bhpbilliton.com/our-approach/work-with-us
Refer to a friend