Kalgoorlie - Maintenance Assistant
||Full Time - Permanent
||Australia - Western Australia
|| | W. Australia Standard Time
|| | W. Australia Standard Time
The health and safety of our people and our host communities is a value that drives the way we work. Our consolidated commitment to achieving the highest level of safety performance stands at the forefront of our planning, actions and behaviours.
Nickel West Kalgoorlie – Maintenance Assistant
- Kalgoorlie residentially based role – be home with your family each night
- BHP Billiton Nickel West actively supports a diverse workforce and encourages Female and Indigenous applicants to apply
We are seeking a motivated, self-starter to join the MM20 Maintenance team at Nickel West Kalgoorlie. As Maintenance Assistant, your duties will include:
- Assisting trades personnel where require
- Completing various planned maintenance tasks and working through weekly schedules
- Ensuring stock levels of consumables are maintained and stock is delivered to work area locations
- Use and care of maintenance equipment
- Assist with updating of maintenance records
You may be working in production, or mining and looking for a change in work environment, or in an existing Trades Assistant's role and looking for a move and this represents a great opportunity.
Skills and Requirements
- Current Forklift qualification
- Candidate with previous experience as a Trades Assistant, or with experience in a mechanical or mining environment will be viewed favourably
- Qualifications including Elevated Work Platform and Dogging and Rigging are advantageous
- Computer literacy is strongly desired
- Organisation and communication skills are key to success in this role
As part of the recruitment process for this position you may be required to undergo a pre-employment medical and participate in a background screen including a criminal history check, identity check and qualifications check.
Company Description - Nickel West
A member of the BHP Billiton Group, Nickel West produces nickel in-concentrate and has its operations located throughout Western Australia - comprising mines, concentrators, a smelter and a refinery.
Supporting a Diverse Workforce
At BHP Billiton, we recognize that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people.
Nickel West Kalgoorlie
Kalgoorlie is the largest inland city in Western Australia and due to its central location is positioned at the heart of the Goldfields as a vibrant mining town and a major gateway to the Eastern States. Although fairly isolated, the City of Kalgoorlie/Boulder offers modern shopping facilities, a huge variety of sports, and schooling for all ages up to high school. There are contemporary housing options for all budgets, sporting clubs and leisure complexes of all descriptions.
The Kalgoorlie Nickel Smelter receives nickel concentrate from our mining operations in Leinster and Mt Keith as well as from our Third Party Feed concentrator in Kambalda. Nickel West Kalgoorlie incorporates a flash furnace smelter, converters and an acid plant which has the capacity to produce up to 110,000 tonnes per annum of nickel matte.
All Kalgoorlie roles are residential, FIFO is not an option.
Short listing for this position will commence on Friday 12th May 2017, however we do reserve the right to close this position earlier than stated. To enable us to process your application as quickly as possible simply click on the 'apply' button below.
Please note: It is a requirement that all internal applicants advise their immediate line manager of their application.
Refer to a friend