Principal Categories (Brisbane or Perth)
||Full Time - Permanent
||Australia - Various Locations
|| | AUS Eastern Standard Time
|| | AUS Eastern Standard Time
At BHP Billiton we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential.
With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.
About the role
A rare opportunity exists for an experienced Principal Category professional to join our Supply team based in our office located in Brisbane or Perth. Reporting to the Superintendent Category Management Accommodation, you will be responsible for delivering sustainable and total cost of ownership reduction through developing and executing Accommodation category strategies. Your role will be challenging and varied, you will be the key enabler of maximum value through proficient vendor performance management and supply chain optimisation.
In this role you will:
- Drive collaboration by leading and participating in cross-functional teams to identify and execute opportunities to reduce price, utility, demand and productivity indicators;
- Develop a working understanding of the category including technical knowledge, demand analysis, spend analysis and market dynamics;
- Execute sourcing strategies, negotiation strategies and leading negotiations with suppliers and business opportunities through stakeholder engagements;
- Work collaboratively across Supply (Region, Global and across sub-functions) and operational stakeholders across Australia to develop and execute category strategies.
- Collaborative individual with ability to engage, influence and guide stakeholders across multiple geographical regions to build success;
- Willingness to be entrepreneurial, diverse thinking in solution and consider innovative approaches to strategic and delivery in the category management;
- Our principal may come from various sectors including Accommodation, Banking, Consulting, Finance or Legal
- An agile individual to support the broad stakeholder and geographical audiences, hence travel will be a requirement;
- May be located in Brisbane or Perth.
Supporting a diverse workforce
At BHP Billiton, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people.
We know there are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options; a generous paid parental leave policy; other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.
How to apply
Reference Number – 791476
Please note, screening and interviews may take place prior to the advertised close date.
We support flexible work at BHP Billiton. Talk to us about the flexible working options in this team.
Refer to a friend