Officer Accommodation and Flights
||Full Time - Permanent
||Australia - Queensland
||Support Services/Servicios de Apoyo
|| | E. Australia Standard Time
|| | E. Australia Standard Time
At BHP Billiton we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential.
With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.
About the role
We currently have an opportunity for a suitably experienced Accommodation and FIFO Officer to join the Infrastructure and Asset Management Function based in our Brisbane office. The primary purpose of this position is to assist in looking after the BMA FIFO workers charter flights and accommodation bookings in BMA villages, which supports our mine site operations. This is a Monday to Friday position however flexibility to work outside normal business hours will be required dependent on urgent business needs.
The successful candidate will collaborate with various mine site colleagues and liaise with service providers on behalf of Accommodation and FIFO Services. This role will be instrumental in liaising with both site-based personnel and external provider's personnel to achieve a high level of accuracy in relation to flight and accommodation bookings, forecasting and issue resolution. The successful candidate will receive excellent training and development and work with a high performing team to achieve objectives that will impact the whole of business operations.
In this role you will:
- Be responsible for responding to and facilitating the allocation of BMA’s permanent SPV accommodation. You will be required to complete forecasting as well as utilisation and availability reporting for the above, as well as liaise with HR and payroll to arrange salary deductions for this accommodation type. In addition with this you will work with the FIFO Team to action flight requests for the FIFO workforce at various mines in the Bowen Basin.
- Liaise with internal & external facilitators, including airline & accommodation providers, to ensure the effective use of resources in the provision of accommodation & flight options that will maximise utilisation and availability.
- Previous administrator experience with excellent data entry and analysis skills
- Excellent communication with the ability to build relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Proven attention to detail and problem solving abilities
- Dedication to continuous improvement
- Ability to multi-task to manage competing priorities within very tight time frames
- Proactive and self-motivated to work autonomously within a wider team
- Safety focussed
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- VAMS, Console 1SAP experience highly desirable; SAM experience highly beneficial
- Willingness and ability to travel to site on an ad hoc basis
You will thrive on the challenges of a busy role and take pride in providing a critical service to the mine sites, business and value the exposure to whole of mine operations. Your thirst for knowledge and previous experience in an accommodation, client service or resort reservations role will prepare you well for this next step in your career with BMA simply, the best people in coal.
Supporting a diverse workforce
At BHP Billiton, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people.
We know there are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options; a generous paid parental leave policy; other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.
How to apply
Reference Number – 791380
Please note, screening and interviews may take place prior to the advertised close date.
We support flexible work at BHP Billiton. Talk to us about the flexible working options in this team
Refer to a friend