Credit & Market Risk Lead
||Full Time - Permanent
||US - Texas - Houston
||Finance/Accounting - Finanzas/Contabilidad
|| | Central Daylight Time
|| | Central Daylight Time
BHP Billiton is a leading global resources company. Our purpose is to create long-term shareholder value through the discovery, acquisition, development and marketing of natural resources. Across our global operations, we are committed to working in ways that are true to Our BHP Billiton Charter values of Sustainability, Integrity, Respect, Performance, Simplicity and Accountability.
Reporting to the Head of Credit and Market Risk, you will be responsible for leading a team and providing credit risk assessment and advisory activities to the commercial teams.
- Leads a team of 2-3 specialists across Houston and Singapore, coach and enable the team to set and deliver on short on long term performance targets, aligned with BHP Billiton and /or the Group Function's strategy.
- Drive standardisation of risk management processes to ensure compliance with control requirements, proposing changes where appropriate.
- Conduct periodic or ad-hoc reviews of existing risk limits, mandated instruments and validation of methodologies to ensure appropriateness, in line with business strategies and risks.
- Conduct structural and ad-hoc quantitative and qualitative risk analysis on the commercial portfolio to ensure a comprehensive understanding of underlying risks and mitigation options. Monitor and analyses impactful information on customers, industries and countries.
- Provide the leadership team with insightful analysis with regard to credit risk matters to enable sound decision making.
- Originate and implement credit risk optimisation initiatives and standardisation of credit risk processes across the commercial teams.
- Engage with the commercial teams to maintain and continuously improve credit risk optimisation capabilities and risk analysis. Work closely with the commercial teams on new business initiatives -- helping to shape how such strategy is implemented, with a strong focus on ensuring the overlay of a sound credit risk management infrastructure.
- Assist with the identification and implementation of Market Risk Management improvement initiatives.
- Rigorous communication with commercial, finance and group functions to ensure appropriate portfolio review, documentation, limits framework and risk mitigation approaches to protect against a counterpart default and minimize potential losses.
- Engage with commercial, finance and group functions, service providers, customers and other external stakeholders to gather relevant information and to facilitate effective execution of credit and market risk management activities, including structured finance solutions which are risk and capital efficient. Maintain a strong relationship with the BHP Billiton's trade finance relationship banks.
- Review credit assessments and recommendations on counterparties and ensure appropriate approval as per the credit delegation matrix.
- Act as regional liaison to review analysis and recommendations on submissions regarding non-standard deals and new product or market requests originating from Houston, considering all aspects to ensure embedded risks are understood and that the risk assessment from impacted stakeholders are considered and mitigated.
- Promote a culture of governance and standardisation of risk process and reporting across the organisation.
- Support the Market Risk Team based in Singapore in the engagement with stakeholders in Houston.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Proven track record in leading and building a successful team.
- Experience in the commodities industry with credit and market risk management knowledge.
- Good communicator, both verbally & written, with the ability to articulate risk exposures, financial analysis and complex scenarios using simple terms for non-technical audience, to influence positive business outcomes, while highlighting the key economic effects.
- High degree of self-motivation, initiative and stakeholder management.
- Experience in using SAP highly desirable.
- Membership with a recognised risk body desirable.
- Possesses strong understanding of Trade Finance instruments, ISDA documentation and related operational requirements.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
- Eight or more years of experience in Credit related field.
At BHP Billiton, we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. We offer a diverse and challenging environment with great learning and career opportunities for people who share our values. BHP Billiton's Petroleum business has exploration, development, production and marketing activities in countries around the globe, including significant positions in the deepwater Gulf of Mexico, onshore U.S., Australia, and Trinidad and Tobago.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
FEMALES, MINORITIES, VETERANS, DISABLED AND OTHER PROTECTED GROUPS
Refer to a friend