Kambalda - Technician Maintenance - Electrical
||Full Time - Permanent
||Australia - Western Australia
|| | W. Australia Standard Time
|| | W. Australia Standard Time
The health and safety of our people and our host communities is a value that drives the way we work. Our consolidated commitment to achieving the highest level of safety performance stands at the forefront of our planning, actions and behaviors.
Kambalda – Electrical Technician
- Challenging role offering experience working with a wide range of equipment
- BHP Billiton Nickel West actively supports a diverse workforce and encourages Aboriginal and Torre Strait Islander Peoples and Female applicants to apply
- Monday to Friday day shift only roster
- Kambalda/Kalgoorlie based residential role – FIFO not an option
- Competitive salary on offer plus a range of company benefits
Our Electrical Technician team members are responsible for maximizing plant availability through the completion of both planned and breakdown maintenance tasks across all aspects of the plant.
This includes regular preventative maintenance tasks and inspections, fault finding within electrical instrumentation panels and in a process environment, repairs and calibration of instrumentation and HV switching.
Skills and Requirements
- Electrical Trade Certificate and WA 'A' Class License are mandatory
- Instrumentation Certificate IV qualification is highly desired
- HV Switching qualification preferred but not essential for this role
- Post trade experience in mining or industrial maintenance fields will provide a sound foundation for this position
As part of the recruitment process for this position you may be required to undergo a pre-employment medical and participate in a background screen including a criminal history check, identity check and qualifications check.
Supporting a Diverse Workforce
On offer is a range of employee benefits including development and career opportunities together with competitive remuneration package, including share options, generous superannuation contributions, 18 weeks of paid parental leave, performance based bonuses and a great working environment.
Company Description - Nickel West
A member of the BHP Billiton Group, Nickel West produces nickel in-concentrate and has its operations located throughout Western Australia - comprising mines, concentrators, a smelter and a refinery.
BHP Billiton Nickel West actively supports a diverse workforce and encourages Aboriginal and Torre Strait Islander Peoples and Female applicants to apply
Nickel West Kambalda
Located approximately 56 kilometers south of Nickel West Kalgoorlie, and adjacent to the township of Kambalda, Nickel West Kambalda treats nickel ore sourced from third parties in the Kambalda region to produce nickel concentrate. With affordable housing and modern conveniences, Kambalda is a unique mining town surrounded by natural Australian beauty. All Kambalda roles are residential. As part of our commitment to health and safety Nickel West Kambalda is a smoke free operation.
Short listing for this position will commence on 7th April 2017, however we do reserve the right to close this position earlier than stated. To enable us to process your application as quickly as possible simply click on the 'apply' button below.
Please note: It is a requirement that all internal applicants advise their immediate line manager of their application
Refer to a friend