Senior Engineer Major Project Interface
||Full Time - Permanent
||Australia - South Australia
||Engineering/Ingeniería, Mining/Mina, Projects/Proyectos Mayores
|| | Cen. Australia Standard Time
|| | Cen. Australia Standard Time
At BHP Billiton we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential.
With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.
Join Olympic Dam a safe, reliable, globally competitive business delivered by our people. At Olympic Dam we care that everyone goes home safe to do the things they love. We believe Leadership drive culture and culture drives performance. All incidents are preventable and everyone has a role to play.
One of Australia's largest mines and a complex minerals processing operation, Olympic Dam, is unique in that we produce Copper, Uranium, Gold and Silver. The local township of Roxby Downs is an active and progressive community offering a variety of modern, well equipped housing, educational, health, sporting, leisure, shopping and cultural facilities.
Please note this position is based at Olympic Dam, operating on a 5/2 roster, with residential or FIFO options available.
About the role
Reporting to the Superintendent Governance & Technical Stewardship within our mine operation, this newly created position has been established to provide Major and Asset Projects with a single interface for technical expertise and engineering governance to the Olympic Dam Mine operational area.
In this role you will:
- Be first and foremost focused on creating a culture of care by being a visible safety leader, engaging, developing and coaching your team.
- For all Major and Asset level projects provide an interface into the Mine Engineering function
- Coordinate and lead a cross-discipline approach into the review of the projects technical documentation (incl. engineering standards, equipment standards, specifications, procedures, programs and drawings)
- Support fit for purpose engineering standards are applied to projects by working with the project teams to identify improvements, and work with the greater G&TS team to ensure these are formally endorsed and updated in appropriate documentation.
- Provide operational input and guidance into the projects stream through a consultative support for all technical queries
- Interface with other Mine Operational teams to ensure the all projects receive prompt input into operational queries
- Demonstrate the confidence to lead by example, hold yourself and others accountable and coach others in 'Safety Leadership'
- Ability to influence with their knowledge and experience both Projects and Operations using their solid networking and communication
- Bachelor Engineering in a relevant field and eligible for membership of Engineers Australia
- Demonstrated experience in a project engineering, project management or similar project interfacing role
Supporting a diverse workforce
At BHP Billiton, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people.
We know there are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options; a generous paid parental leave policy; other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.
How to apply
Please apply online before Sunday 7th May 2017
Reference Number – 790834
Please note, screening and interviews may take place prior to the advertised close date.
We support flexible work at BHP Billiton. Talk to us about the flexible working options in this team.
Refer to a friend