Superintendent Production Execution – TRS & Water
||Full Time - Fixed Term
||Australia - South Australia
||Health, Safety & Environment/Salud, Seguridad y Medio Ambiente, Maintenance/Mantenimiento, Engineering/Ingeniería, Mining/Mina, Operations/Operaciones, Processing/Procesos
|| | Cen. Australia Daylight Time
|| | Cen. Australia Standard Time
At BHP Billiton we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential.
With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Join Olympic Dam a safe, reliable, globally competitive business delivered by our people. At Olympic Dam we care that everyone goes home safe to do the things they love. We believe Leadership drive culture and culture drives performance. All incidents are preventable and everyone has a role to play.
Come and be a part of this success.
One of Australia's largest mines and a complex minerals processing operation, Olympic Dam, is unique in that we produce Copper, Uranium, Gold and Silver. The local township of Roxby Downs is an active and progressive community offering a variety of modern, well equipped housing, educational, health, sporting, leisure, shopping and cultural facilities.
Please note this position is based at Olympic Dam, operating on a 5/2 roster, with residential or FIFO to Adelaide options available.
About the role
This is a six-month secondment / fixed-term opportunity (potential to extend)
Reporting directly to the Manager Surface Production (with a change to Manager Production Services in the near future), you will provide leadership and direction to the Tailings Retention System and Water Processing team at Olympic Dam. With direct line accountability for the operation of the TRS and Water function, your operation is supported by maintenance, engineering and production analysis & improvement (A&I), and interfacing with these key resources being essential to maintain safety, utilisation and continuous improvement.
In this role you will:
- Ensure continuity of production at Olympic Dam through your ability to prioritise safety first, lead people, understand and manage risk, create vision and follow a plan to achieve the vision
- Integrate with Maintenance counterparts to ensure effective, pro-actively planned maintenance
- Monitor and report against main cost drivers monthly and recommend control and cost reduction opportunities
- Identify and implement opportunities to improve productivity, efficiency and cost effectiveness
- Prepare, manage and review the operating budgets
- Provide leadership and guidance to your team with an emphasis on continual development
- Be first and foremost focused on creating a culture of care by being a visible safety leader, engaging, developing and coaching your team.
- Degree qualified in engineering or a relevant discipline
- Experience with tailings or desalination is desirable, however not essential
- Demonstrated leadership experience with inherent safety leadership embedded in day to day activities
- Communication skills that promote effective stakeholder relationships across departments
- Demonstrate the confidence to lead by example, hold yourself and others accountable and coach others in 'Safety Leadership'
- A valid manual drivers licence is required
Supporting a diverse workforce
At BHP Billiton, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people.
We know there are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options; a generous paid parental leave policy; other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.
How to apply
Please apply online before 3rd April 2017.
Reference Number – 40357061
Please note, screening and interviews may take place prior to the advertised close date.
We support flexible work at BHP Billiton. Talk to us about the flexible working options in this team.
Refer to a friend