UX Subject Matter Expert | Technology Strategy & Innovation | Houston
||Full Time - Permanent
||US - Texas - Houston
||Technology/IT - Tecnología/IT
|| | Central Daylight Time
|| | Central Daylight Time
Join our new Technology team expansion
Our Vision is to enable a fully integrated and highly automated business from resource to market. BHP Billiton's global Technology team is the coming together of a dedicated, innovative team focused on identifying and implementing new ways of raising standards and improving productivity, safety and environmental impact. We will be first to embrace new technologies such as VR, Drones, automation and everything in between to lead our industry globally.
About the Opportunity
You will be required to:
- Lead the analysis, design and evaluation of user experience for innovative technology solutions.
- Identify critical user experiences that underpin work across the organisation, converting this in to design implications for prototyping, testing and development.
- Bring design thinking concepts into the design of user solutions and infuse it within development, physical infrastructure and data tribes colleagues and key collaboration partners
- Lead and guide others on the collection and analysis of research on our users (e.g. personas, user journey maps, context of use) to drive the design of work, interactions and technology
- Lead / guide the prototyping and testing of user experience.
- Create and embed routines / patterns to communicate critical personas and user journeys to teams working across data, software development and hardware to drive the technical design and development of user experience solutions.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Hands-on expertise in information architecture, user story development, storyboarding, mock-ups and highly interactive prototypes
- Understanding of system development lifecycle approaches and how UX is applied within, including mobile applications, augmented reality and virtual reality
- Capability with user experience design for software, Web applications, consumer electronics and/or mobile devices
- Experience design work processes, services and interaction with digital at the core
- Experience with user experience design from remote operators to office-based professionals.
- Skilled and able to coach in one or more visual design tools
- Skilled in design of UX metrics to measure and track the impact of design
- Driving innovative solutions within platform constraints and technical limitations
- Researching interaction design trends
- Experience using both qualitative and quantitative data to drive design decisions
- Bachelor's and/or Master's degree in Interaction Design, New Media Design, Industrial Design, HCI, Human Factors/Ergonomics/Psychology or related field
What we offer you
At BHP Billiton, we will provide you an environment to:
- be autonomous and support (you) to use initiative
- be accountable and performance driven
- work flexibly with a focus on outcomes, not hours
- problem-solve collaboratively together, and
- activate your improvement mind-set, experimentation and agile learning
Supporting a diverse workforce
BHP Billiton value and respect employees, offering an inclusive and diverse environment where you will experience:
- dedicated leadership and female mentoring programs;
- 18 weeks paid parental leave;
- state-of-the-art facilities with WiFi enabled indoor and outdoor spaces collaboration and versatility; and
- parents rooms
Join our Technology expansion
Take the next steps in pioneering your technology career and being a part of our Tech revolution.
BHP Billiton is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from men and women of all ages, including people with a disability and Indigenous Australians. Screening and interviews may take place prior to the advertising close date.
Refer to a friend