Senior Specialist Maintenance | IO Asset | Port Hedland
||Full Time - Permanent
||Australia - Western Australia
|| | W. Australia Standard Time
|| | W. Australia Standard Time
BHP Billiton Iron Ore is one of the world's leading suppliers of iron ore. The Company's operations currently involve an integrated system of seven inland mines, more than 1,000 kilometres of rail and two separate port facilities; Nelson Point and Finucane Island at Port Hedland.
Reporting to the Superintendent A&I and Planning, within the FRA Locomotive and Track Machine Maintenance team, this role will focus on optimisation and automation of current asset condition tracking technologies and align these with the planning and scheduling function of the business to deliver the right maintenance at the right time, for optimal reliability and cost. Your duties will include:
- Leading cultural and organisational change
- Providing leadership to a diverse team of technical specialists
- Scoping of improvement / alignment works to be carried out on critical BHPBIO Rail systems
- Preparing technical specifications, and scope-of-work for major system changes
- Audit of existing data flows for critical BHPBIO Rail systems
- Leading by example, following; BHP Billiton Charter, the BHP Billiton Group Level Documents, Code of Conduct and relevant statutory obligations
- Assist with resolving safety issues and producing relevant maintenance action plans
- Execute business plans through continuous improvement
- Playing an active role in the installation, commissioning and performance testing of various projects
- Ensuring relevant engineering projects comply with statutory and internal safety standards
- Adherence to the MoC process
Skills and Experience
As the successful candidate, you will possess the following:
- Experience with asset protection systems, maintenance systems, & real time data analysis.
- Tertiary qualifications in Engineering discipline and or applicable Trade Qualifications
- Qualifications in Process Improvement i.e. Six Sigma highly regarded
- Excellent Communication skills and be customer centric
- Ability to influence change
- Proven ability to effectively lead projects to successful completion
- Ability to clearly communicate ideas and opinions throughout the business, build relationships and influence others to optimise safety and performance
- Able to demonstrate proven leadership skills through mentoring and coaching
- Competence with SAP maintenance system
- Computer literacy with Microsoft office suite
- Presentations skills
- Current full West Australian "C" class motor vehicle license or Australian equivalent
You will be based at Port Hedland on a fly-in fly-out (5:2 4:3) or 5:2 residential roster. The role will also require frequent trips to our Perth office. Port Hedland is home to our port and rail operations and is the largest regional centre in North West Australia. The outstanding facilities at the FIFO villages include; a fully equipped gym, TV lounge and games rooms. Additionally you will have access to the state of the art aquatic and sporting facilities in the town of Port Hedland. All rooms at the villages have their own en-suite bathroom, television, refrigerator and air-conditioning.
Remuneration and Benefits
Join us and be rewarded with interesting, challenging work in a supportive team culture. Develop skills for life whilst enjoying access to benefits including: flexible working arrangements, incentive bonus, award winning share scheme, 18 weeks paid maternity leave, education assistance and generous superannuation scheme.
Reference Number – 40360990
- We reserve the right to commence recruitment proceedings immediately.
- This opportunity is currently only open to employees working within Australia.
- BHP Billiton Iron Ore is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages indigenous Australian and female candidates to apply.
Refer to a friend