Engineer Analysis and Improvement l Iron Ore l Jimblebar
||Full Time - Permanent
||Australia - Western Australia
|| | W. Australia Standard Time
|| | W. Australia Standard Time
BHP Billiton Iron Ore is one of the world's leading suppliers of iron ore. The Company's operations comprise of an integrated system of seven inland mines, over 1,000 kilometres of rail and two separate port facilities; Nelson Point and Finucane Island at Port Hedland.
Reporting to the Superintendent Analysis & Improvement, within the Maintenance team your duties will include:
- Provide safety leadership to promote a culture of zero harm through field leadership and time in field.
- Identify and implement improvement initiatives that enable functional excellence.
- Support business priorities for continuous improvement.
- Develop, deploy and continuously improve maintenance work strategies for equipment within the SAP system in accordance with statutory requirements and regulations. Manage all associated task lists and work instructions.
- Ensure compliance to work plans together with statutory and legislative requirements.
- Standardisation of work instructions / procedures and strategies for the same plant equipment and infrastructure within Jimblebar or across multiple operations.
- Provide technical expertise to support work quality and safe execution of maintenance work.
- Defect elimination - Initiate root cause analysis and "failure type" reviews (e.g.5 Whys, FMECA) of fixed plant and non-process infrastructure based on non-compliance to planned availability or unpredicted failures.
- Prepare the inputs and produce the budget for the maintenance function 5-year plan.
- Analysis of plant and infrastructure life to determine equipment capability assumptions based on the production plan, providing input into the development of the capital budget.
As the successful candidate you will ideally possess the following:
- Mechanical or Electrical Engineering qualification at degree level or equivalent tertiary qualification.
- A proven track record of safety management.
- Working knowledge of Mine Safety & Inspection Act & Regulations.
- Mineral processing plant knowledge (e.g. crushers, screens, feeders, conveyors, stockyard machines).
- Condition monitoring knowledge.
- SAP knowledge (plant maintenance).
- Training in reliability engineering principles, root cause analysis techniques and software such as Apollo RCA or Reality Charting.
- Facilitation skills are desirable.
- Technical: Self-reliant contributor with a distinctive proficiency in the maintenance area.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a maintenance role (an engineering background may also be considered).
- Experience in a large-scale materials handling or ore processing operation preferred.
You will be based at our new 'Jimblebar' mine site on a fly-in fly-out 8 days on, 6 days off roster. Jimblebar is the first Greenfield mine in over 40 years to be both developed and operated by BHP Billiton Iron Ore and is located 40kms North East of Newman, Western Australia. The outstanding facilities at the brand new FIFO village include; a fully equipped gym, swimming pool, golf driving nets, outdoor cinema, netted cricket pitch, tennis and basketball court; beach volleyball court, games room and TV lounge. All rooms at the village have access to 3G wireless internet and Skype, an ensuite bathroom, flat screen television, refrigerator and air-conditioning.
Remuneration and Benefits
Join us and be rewarded with interesting, challenging work in a supportive team culture. Develop skills for life whilst enjoying access to benefits including: incentive bonus, award winning share scheme, education assistance and generous superannuation scheme.
Reference Number – 40146975
- We reserve the right to commence recruitment proceedings immediately.
- This opportunity is currently only open to candidates with the right to work in Australia.
- BHP Billiton Iron Ore is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages indigenous Australian and female candidates to apply.
Refer to a friend