Supervisor Mine Training | Iron Ore | Jimblebar | 5/2 4/3 Roster
||Full Time - Permanent
||Australia - Western Australia
|| | W. Australia Standard Time
|| | W. Australia Standard Time
BHP Billiton Iron Ore is one of the world's leading suppliers of iron ore. The Company's operations comprise of an integrated system of seven inland mines, over 1,000 kilometres of rail and two separate port facilities; Nelson Point and Finucane Island at Port Hedland.
Reporting to the Mine Services Superintendent, within the Mining Production team your duties will include:
- Demonstrate visible safety leadership to promote a culture of Zero Harm through appropriate time in the field and completion and quality of Take 5's and CCO's.
- Ensure training activities comply with the relevant Safe Work Procedures and statutory requirements.
- Participate in incident investigations when required and ensure training material remains relevant and up to date.
- Coach and mentor employees to support the building of a high performing team.
- Liaise with the Mining Superintendents and Supervisors on operator training required.
- Review performance of equipment/personnel and coordinate training in line with business drivers.
- Provide effective supervision and management of training records database
- Ensure training materials are developed/updated in line with WAIO standards.
- Ensure adequately skilled operators are available across all shifts to ensure safe and effective production.
- Participate and support the Operator Driven Reliability (ODR) initiatives.
- Regularly monitor area expenditure/trends within the Mine Performance area.
- Monitor all contractor work activities to ensure efficient and cost effective use of resources.
- Training and Assessing Certificate IV (TAE Preferred)
- C class WA driver's licence
- Initiative and practical problem solving
- Strong leadership, communication and interpersonal skills
- Sound computer skills
- Minimum of 2 years leadership experience
- Mine training experience desirable
- Minimum of C class manual drivers licence
You will be based at our new 'Jimblebar' mine site on a fly-in fly-out [insert roster] roster. Jimblebar is the first Greenfield mine in over 40 years to be both developed and operated by BHP Billiton Iron Ore and is located 40kms North East of Newman, Western Australia. The outstanding facilities at the brand new FIFO village include; a fully equipped gym, swimming pool, golf driving nets, outdoor cinema, netted cricket pitch, tennis and basketball court; beach volleyball court, games room and TV lounge. All rooms at the village have access to 3G wireless internet and Skype, an ensuite bathroom, flat screen television, refrigerator and air-conditioning.
Remuneration and Benefits
Join us and be rewarded with interesting, challenging work in a supportive team culture. Develop skills for life whilst enjoying access to benefits including: incentive bonus, award winning share scheme, education assistance and generous superannuation scheme.
Supporting a diverse workforce
At BHP Billiton, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people.
We know there are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options; a generous paid parental leave policy; other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.
Reference Number – 40115490
- We reserve the right to commence recruitment proceedings immediately.
- This opportunity is currently only open to candidates with the right to work in Australia.
- BHP Billiton Iron Ore is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages indigenous Australian and female candidates to apply.
Refer to a friend