Specialist Project Governance and Technical Stewardship
||Full Time - Permanent
||Australia - South Australia
|| | Cen. Australia Standard Time
|| | Cen. Australia Standard Time
At BHP Billiton we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential.
With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.
Join Olympic Dam a safe, reliable, globally competitive business delivered by our people. At Olympic Dam we care that everyone goes home safe to do the things they love. We believe Leadership drive culture and culture drives performance. All incidents are preventable and everyone has a role to play.
One of Australia's largest mines and a complex minerals processing operation, Olympic Dam, is unique in that we produce Copper, Uranium, Gold and Silver. The local township of Roxby Downs is an active and progressive community offering a variety of modern, well equipped housing, educational, health, sporting, leisure, shopping and cultural facilities.
Please note this position is based at Olympic Dam, operating on a 5/2 roster, with residential or FIFO options available.
About the role
Reporting to the Superintendent Governance & Technical Stewardship – Mine and working within an experienced and supportive team of engineers, in this role you will provide project governance and support to the Olympic Dam Mine operational area specifically the Mine Engineering Projects group.
In this role you will:
- Comply to and consistently follow the standards and procedures designed to enable you to work safely and effectively every day.
- Promote operational discipline and high performance in projects across the Mine
- Monitor and drive compliance to the defined Project Delivery, Engineering / G&TS systems and processes.
- Management of Change system Champion and Super User
- Monitor project activities across Mine small projects and modifications to ensure consistent fit for purpose project governance is applied
- Validate that the content of project documentation for formal gating of projects.
- Proven commitment to look after your own wellbeing and the confidence to speak up when others put themselves in harm's way.
- Project Management qualification
- A demonstrated ability to influence and mentor others in the fit-for purpose Project Delivery methods and documentation
Supporting a diverse workforce
At BHP Billiton, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people.
We know there are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options; a generous paid parental leave policy; other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.
How to apply
Please apply online before Sunday 7th May 2017
Reference Number – 40196934
Please note, screening and interviews may take place prior to the advertised close date.
We support flexible work at BHP Billiton. Talk to us about the flexible working options in this team.
Refer to a friend